BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Just now, Whicker said:

Was Andrew Luck overhyped? Was Manning?

I don't think those are fair comparisons at all. Plenty of prospects including players at quarterback have looked like can't miss players and have been pretty disappointing. A really good recent example of that is Jameis Winston who nearly everyone swore up and down would be in a week quarterback and he is probably one of the farthest thing from it as a high first-round current starting NFL quarterback. I'm not denying Kyler Murray's Talent potential but another guy who is described as such a player was Cam Newton in for the majority of his career he has also been a disappointment

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Was Andrew Luck overhyped? Was Manning?

I'll take this one step further has a pure pocket passer both of these guys are far beyond what Kyler Murray brings to the table. What makes Kyler Murray says special is that he has better accuracy than a guy like Cam Newton and has the athleticism of a Russell Wilson. He is not a perfect specimen he could be very good but he is not remotely the dynamic arm that Peyton Manning was and even what Andrew Luck is in my opinion

Just now, wwhickok said:

I don't think those are fair comparisons at all. Plenty of prospects including players at quarterback have looked like can't miss players and have been pretty disappointing. A really good recent example of that is Jameis Winston who nearly everyone swore up and down would be in a week quarterback and he is probably one of the farthest thing from it as a high first-round current starting NFL quarterback. I'm not denying Kyler Murray's Talent potential but another guy who is described as such a player was Cam Newton in for the majority of his career he has also been a disappointment

Never mind I'm gonna stop because people think I'm serious lol 

how much hyperbole do I need to use?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

Kyler Murray will be the Mike Trout of football 

So you mean really big for the first couple of years and forgotten for the last couple of years. The only thing I've heard about Mike Trout in the longest time is that he's still on the cover of Super Pretzel boxes

Just now, wwhickok said:

So you mean really big for the first couple of years and forgotten for the last couple of years. The only thing I've heard about Mike Trout in the longest time is that he's still on the cover of Super Pretzel boxes

I mean he only signed for half a billion dollars a month ago and is on pace to beat Babe Ruth in WAR but yeah he's done nothing recently. 

Although I have to give you a pass because the mlb sucks like that and doesn't promote its stars. Also his team sucks. 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

0 BDL championships with a stacked team 

And for the record I have been wrong about plenty of NFL Talent. Honestly just speaking on the Pittsburgh Steelers I thought Curtis Brown who had an amazing combine and a pro days was going to be an excellent corner he was taken I believe in the second round by the Steelers and was terrible in the NFL

Just now, Whicker said:

I mean he only signed for half a billion dollars a month ago and is on pace to beat Babe Ruth in WAR but yeah he's done nothing recently. 

Although I have to give you a pass because the mlb sucks like that and doesn't promote its stars. Also his team sucks. 

I don't watch a whole lot of baseball I am a Pirate fan but honestly yeah I don't keep up with it enough to tell you how good any given player has really done so yeah it doesn't shock me that my jaw is actually got really really well and I just am not aware of that because I agree there isn't a whole lot of promotion value with major league baseball

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

0 BDL championships with a stacked team 

You gave him 4 lineman a couple seasons ago. 

Tom Brady also has zero BDL championships.

Brees has about 4 of them.