BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I understand why you say this the only reason I'm even bringing that up is I feel like there needs to be some form of protection against using my first proposal as a way to benefit people in free agency by signing them to Dumbass contracts for 2 Seasons just to win a free agent over somebody else and then being able to cut them with a 40% savings for the next season but what I'm proposing is each one of these proposals be its own thing and in that first proposal I would say do we like the first proposal yes or no and then each one of those secondary items vote on those in Edition individually is that something when we feel is necessary to it yes or no does that make sense? Again I'm not words I v I kind of get long-winded trying to explain what I mean I'm not the best at that but that's why I asked you guys for your opinions so that maybe you guys can help explain what I am trying to say in a better way

When you propose rules that make more loopholes, that you have to create extra rules to stop the loopholes in the new rule you're trying to create it's not a good scenario.

Just now, Jlash said:

When you propose rules that make more loopholes, that you have to create extra rules to stop the loopholes in the new rule you're trying to create it's not a good scenario.

I think the ultimate goal of the rule change is a strong positive. The loophole rule that I added is only really an extension upon a rule that already exists

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So you think that the savings should only be 20%? Alright I'll play ball why do you feel that way

I don’t think you should get a break at all. But I can sympathize with a new owner wanting to rebuild. 

It’s like meeting in the middle for me. I’ve broken down my cap over the years 2020 and 2021 including the most money I could pay for draft picks (if I ended up with picks 1,2,3 next year since I have three firsts, etc). Who I will likely tag in RFA who I will likely have to 3up and how much I project they will make also who I can 3 down. While seeing how much money I will have to use on free agents the next two offseasons. I’ve put a lot of investment into it. Each trade and signing has been methodically thought out. I don’t see giving an additional break as anything necessary but for those inheriting bad situations I can see where the argument can be made. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I can’t continue with these conversations. I’ve been honest with you. I’m trying to work out your proposals. I’m telling you what I think and so now I’ll just leave it up to the other gms to discuss their thoughts. 

I don't have a problem with anything you said that has nothing to do with why I chose to withdraw my proposals I may submit them at a later date after they get more discussion but I do value your opinion that has nothing to do with it at all.

• Like 1