RB coach gone

3rivers

4 minutes ago, muncher said:

you mean like someone on here saying tomlin said there would be major coaching changes coming?

He did say that in the interview, not verbatim, but that's what he said.

I don't know what the downside is of providing a source for something that you are saying was being reported, but this is getting comical. Please continue to deflect.

8 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I don't know what the downside is of providing a source for something that you are saying was being reported, but this is getting comical. Please continue to deflect.

laugh away.........

6 minutes ago, muncher said:

laugh away.........

I wasn't even necessarily questioning/doubt you initially, just couldn't find the story. Then you go on with this stuff... Continue being you, make up a story with nothing to back it up.

Honest commentary on Saxon:

Is he a good coach or a lucky coach? Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Le’Veon Bell. 

He coached Ronnie Brown when he was in Miami, and Ronnie never broke 1000 yards. Ricky Williams (over 30 at this point) had some of his worse years under him. 

this in in regards to the story that porter was pitting the offense vs defense

jeremy fowler

Spoke w/ Bud Dupree, who said Steelers OLBs had group text re: report Joey Porter divisive w/ O/D, didn’t agree. Porter told position to not meddle in Brown/Big Ben issues, said Dupree, who added offense doesn’t ever share problems. ‘We have to learn how to be together,’ he said.

keon adams
Well they were wrong Coach Porter was always about brotherhood‼️ Your statement is far from the truth. From the time I walked into the lockeroom, Coach Porter had the respect of everyone and was one of the realest in the building. He ain’t the scapegoat.

bud dupree
Oh so we just making up lies now

anthony chickillo

People saying that Joey Porter was tearing our team apart is so inaccurate ! That’s so crazy

I dont get it. Is it "good on him" for when the story was pitting the offense againt the defense to try and fix the situation, or is it good on him because he never did it. Sounds like no matter what the situation siding with porter was in the cards for some.

15 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

I dont get it. Is it "good on him" for when the story was pitting the offense againt the defense to try and fix the situation, or is it good on him because he never did it. Sounds like no matter what the situation siding with porter was in the cards for some.

im not siding with/or against  porter.

all i know is porter wasnt renewed. low and behold, when the heat is on tomlin, this story about porter just happens to come out.  how convenient.

seems to me if it was true, tomlin should have canned him instantly. do you really think the lbs couldnt make it a few weeks without a lb coach?

scapegoat material all the way

Porter wasn't good as a OLB coach. Little to no development with Dupree/Chick. Heck, as good as Watt is I don't see that much development with him either. He's just naturally "good" but could certainly be better. That may have something to do with the firing. 

21 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

He is talking about me. And I did say that Tomlin said that and you're right not word for word but they basically that was what he was alluding to and I'm sorry but I haven't seen major changes to the coaching staff. I don't disagree with the two that happened but they were expiring contract it's not like he  legitimately fired somebody he just said you know what we don't want to give you a new contract.

I'm not sure how the lateral coaching hires work and I don't know if there is a possible somebody with more knowledge there can speak on it. I'm also not sure if there's much incentive for this individual to take a lateral hire but Ivan fears is a guy that comes to mind he is currently the running back coach in New England and New England just seems to find a way to make the running game work. They have taken guys that have been for all intents and purposes busts in other places and made something out of him now I'm sure that we can all agree we can come up with some examples of guys who haven't done well in New England as well. But it's just somebody that comes to mind

Archived