Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

Bucs, I understand the rule. “That’s the rule” isn’t really getting anywhere with my complaint that the rule is stupid and needs to be changed.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why would it not? I really don't see the potential problem here.

Because if a player accrues seasons, he shouldn't be able to sleep them off under some weird rule that applies to no one but the class of player he is.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Bucs, I understand the rule. “That’s the rule” isn’t really getting anywhere with my complaint that the rule is stupid and needs to be changed.

I said that before it was implemented and y'all voted for it. Now we're stuck with it.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But he wasn't still playing games after that. It's not like waffles kept playing him 16 games and using one tag on him. He's a practice squad player now. His rookie status from two seasons ago is irrelevant.

You know who was playing seasons after that though? TJ Watt, who played 32 straight games and gets to cost one tag too. The whole application of the rule is dumb. 

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

You’re missing.

S18: Draft Players 1,2,3,4

Start 1,2

all four can be kept for 1 tag

S19: start 3,4

all four can be kept for 1 tag

S20

Draft players 5,6

start 5,6

S21 - 6 starters for 6 tags

In your scenario, you're using 4 draft selections then getting 32 games from those selections in each of the next two seasons and allocating 12 total tags on them for the prayer that all four become great players such that you can spend only 4 tags for them in a single season thereafter. Youre ultimately investing 4 picks and 16 tags for a potential pay off three seasons in the future if and only if those rookies you drafted actually became any good.

If someone wants to try that, power to em. The only reason I think youre taking issue is that Watson became good. Which again, is the point of the rule... To pay minimal value for rookies untill there's enough information to decide if they're worth paying. Similar to a rookie deal in the actual NFL.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

You know who was playing seasons after that though? TJ Watt, who played 32 straight games and gets to cost one tag too. The whole application of the rule is dumb. 

S14 (Drafted): T.J. Watt [16 GS]: 100 tackles (14 stuffs), 4 coverages, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

S15 (First season after rookie year): T.J. Watt [16 GS]: 77 tackles (9 stuffs), 5 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 safety.

S16: PS

I mean... he spent a draft pick, then 1 tag for 3 consecutive seasons. While Watt may be much better and viable as a starter now... let's not pretend he was killing it as a starter before.

Edit: Which is the whole reasoning behind the rule permitting rookies to start the full season their rookie draft class, and the winter season after without accruing more than 1 tag cost. They just aren't necessarily worth it unless they are superstar high draft picks, and even then they need a strong rookie season to build upon.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Bro, TJ is one tag bc of the PS rule. You’re defintely trying to make this more difficult then it has to be. Sorry I’m letting my QB mature instead of throwing away 4 tags every year on a crappy QB when he isn’t ready for the sim and TJ sat on the bench for the same reason PLUS he had/has Clowney and Von Miller playing ahead of him.....he was coming off a 7 sack rookie season in real life and much less in the sim.

How would you guys feel about a rule change that allowed rookies to be kept for 1 keeper tag their first two NSFL seasons (so rookies drafted in S14 could be kept in S15 and S16 for a single keeper tag despite how much they play.. if you draft a rookie in S15 you can also keep him for 1 tag in S16, but not S17). That way, similar to NFL rookie deals, you can play a rookie you draft on a "rookie contract" that does not require a huge investment, then make the choice after two NFL seasons whether or not they are worth keeping around for their positional price. 

This literally says that after their first two years, they cost full price.

1 minute ago, waffles7 said:

Bro, TJ is one tag bc of the PS rule. You’re defintely trying to make this more difficult then it has to be. Sorry I’m letting my QB mature instead of throwing away 4 tags every year on a crappy QB when he isn’t ready for the sim and TJ sat on the bench for the same reason PLUS he had/has Clowney and Von Miller playing ahead of him.....he was coming off a 7 sack rookie season in real life and much less in the sim.

Bro, he costs one tag because of the rookie rule. Otherwise you'd have payed two tags for him the previous season and he'd be two tags now.

The intent seems to be that you get two "free" seasons to play rookies but once they get an NFL season of play, they go back to their normal cost. 

So for those two, it would have been last season and this season. But they are before the rule, so it would only apply to the rookies from this draft class and beyond.

Yep. 

IF this proposed change was in effect, Dak and Thomas (both rookies that came out in the Season 12 draft) would've been eligible to be kept for one tag for Season 13 and Season 14. Not Season 15 or beyond. 

The idea is you get three "cheap" NSFL seasons (including the year you drafted him) with a rookie you draft in a summer season, and two NFL seasons go by before you have to make the decision to keep the player at his positional price or dump him. 

Basically it boils down to this:
"Was X player a rookie during the last NFL season?" If so, he costs 1 tag. If not, he costs positional price.

1 minute ago, pwny said:
The intent seems to be that you get two "free" seasons to play rookies but once they get an NFL season of play, they go back to their normal cost. 

So for those two, it would have been last season and this season. But they are before the rule, so it would only apply to the rookies from this draft class and beyond.

Positional price of a practice squad player is 1.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

So, yeah. After season three they cost full price.

Archived