Offensive Coordinator Interview Update

Just Want A Title

My guess is that they know who they want but they are a part of a playoff team. With all of these other teams making moves, they have to be waiting around for their guy to be available. I feel like it's down to Chad O'Shea and Shane Waldron. I'd probably lean towards O'Shea looking at his resume if I had to. Wide receivers coach at a few spots, Tight Ends coach at Houston, Special Teams coach at a few spots.

12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

For what its worth, it looks like they are putting together a pretty good staff in Cleveland (on paper anyway).  Seeing as their fans have been suffering with losing teams just like we have in Detroit, I hope they get something good going for such loyal fans.

Agreed. Would be nice to see some of these long suffering teams have a turn around and give the loyal fans something to cheer for.

And for the Patriots to lose.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

My guess is that they know who they want but they are a part of a playoff team. With all of these other teams making moves, they have to be waiting around for their guy to be available. I feel like it's down to Chad O'Shea and Shane Waldron. I'd probably lean towards O'Shea looking at his resume if I had to. Wide receivers coach at a few spots, Tight Ends coach at Houston, Special Teams coach at a few spots.

The easiest bet in town is O’Shea. 

O'Shea worries me. He has no real coordinating or playcalling experience as far as I can tell, and I'm honestly just flat-out concerned about the team trying to do everything like the Patriots and not ending up with any of the same results. 

6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

O'Shea worries me. He has no real coordinating or playcalling experience as far as I can tell, and I'm honestly just flat-out concerned about the team trying to do everything like the Patriots and not ending up with any of the same results. 

Your concerns are warranted. He has been around the game for 26 years and with the Pats for 10 years. He has been around one of the better offenses for some time and played a part in that. Maybe this would give Stafford more control over playcalling (whether that would be a good thing or not).

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

He does have at least a small amount of playcalling experience. The Patriots have their coordinators focus on week 1 of the regular season during week 4 of the pre-season, so they pass off playcalling duties to another assistant coach for the final pre-season game. Chad O'Shea was the guy calling plays for them in their final pre-season game this year, not sure if he has done it in previous years though.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I am underwhelmed, but not surprised. He seems like he's great at that conservative, run-based style that Patricia wants here. It seems like a bit of a waste of Stafford to me, but we will see. 

Archived