Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Just Want A Title

Offensive Coordinator Interview Update

Recommended Posts

For what its worth, it looks like they are putting together a pretty good staff in Cleveland (on paper anyway).  Seeing as their fans have been suffering with losing teams just like we have in Detroit, I hope they get something good going for such loyal fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that they know who they want but they are a part of a playoff team. With all of these other teams making moves, they have to be waiting around for their guy to be available. I feel like it's down to Chad O'Shea and Shane Waldron. I'd probably lean towards O'Shea looking at his resume if I had to. Wide receivers coach at a few spots, Tight Ends coach at Houston, Special Teams coach at a few spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

For what its worth, it looks like they are putting together a pretty good staff in Cleveland (on paper anyway).  Seeing as their fans have been suffering with losing teams just like we have in Detroit, I hope they get something good going for such loyal fans.

Agreed. Would be nice to see some of these long suffering teams have a turn around and give the loyal fans something to cheer for.

 

And for the Patriots to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

My guess is that they know who they want but they are a part of a playoff team. With all of these other teams making moves, they have to be waiting around for their guy to be available. I feel like it's down to Chad O'Shea and Shane Waldron. I'd probably lean towards O'Shea looking at his resume if I had to. Wide receivers coach at a few spots, Tight Ends coach at Houston, Special Teams coach at a few spots.

The easiest bet in town is O’Shea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Shea worries me. He has no real coordinating or playcalling experience as far as I can tell, and I'm honestly just flat-out concerned about the team trying to do everything like the Patriots and not ending up with any of the same results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

O'Shea worries me. He has no real coordinating or playcalling experience as far as I can tell, and I'm honestly just flat-out concerned about the team trying to do everything like the Patriots and not ending up with any of the same results. 

Your concerns are warranted. He has been around the game for 26 years and with the Pats for 10 years. He has been around one of the better offenses for some time and played a part in that. Maybe this would give Stafford more control over playcalling (whether that would be a good thing or not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

O'Shea worries me. He has no real coordinating or playcalling experience as far as I can tell, and I'm honestly just flat-out concerned about the team trying to do everything like the Patriots and not ending up with any of the same results. 

He does have at least a small amount of playcalling experience. The Patriots have their coordinators focus on week 1 of the regular season during week 4 of the pre-season, so they pass off playcalling duties to another assistant coach for the final pre-season game. Chad O'Shea was the guy calling plays for them in their final pre-season game this year, not sure if he has done it in previous years though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems like a good coach and is probably "safe" hire.  I was hoping for Marcus Brady from the Colts.  He has a winning background.  I am not horrified by this but not super excited either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I am underwhelmed, but not surprised. He seems like he's great at that conservative, run-based style that Patricia wants here. It seems like a bit of a waste of Stafford to me, but we will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×