Chad Henne to start vs Panthers

pwny

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

chad-henne-o.gif

giphy.gif

Get ready for dimes every Sunday boys...

The hidden LOL in this gif is Clay Harbor celebrating after scoring a garbage time TD with under 3 minutes while being down by more than 2 scores btw...

7 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Meh, just going to wait and see what he does. Hasn't had guys like ARob/Hurns (maybe)/Lee/Dede etc. to throw too. Has a potential high level RB pending on OL play. Defense is much more talented than his last time in the game (won't be asked to throw nearly as much as his last go around.

No one expects him to be the guy here more than this year at most, but I'd much rather see a guy like Henne out there than what we saw from Bortles all of last year outside of the final two games or what we've seen this preseason. Wish we'd just sign Kaep but if its between the two I'm cool with Henne. No reason to risk injury if he clearly isn't our future here. Don't want to be on the hook for 19M.

Weaver gave an extension to Gene Smith when he clearly didn’t deserve it. Gene then stuck with Gabbert when he didn’t deserve it. Sticking with Gabbert cost them a chance to get any good head coach. And Gabbert lost his job to Henne.

And here we are a few years later, doing the same exact crap. Love it. Can’t wait until we punt a HC search next season because we have no plan at QB.

Just now, iPwn said:

Weaver gave an extension to Gene Smith when he clearly didn’t deserve it. Gene then stuck with Gabbert when he didn’t deserve it. Sticking with Gabbert cost them a chance to get any good head coach. And Gabbert lost his job to Henne.

And here we are a few years later, doing the same exact crap. Love it. Can’t wait until we punt a HC search next season because we have no plan at QB.

I'm confused, what were you hoping here? Were you hoping Blake was going into the season as the starter?

This past offseason, what QB's did you think should have been brought in? Who was a guy who could realistically be a solid option right now? The rookie class was fairly putrid (I would have been ok with Watson, but even I was a bit meh on him. Got Draft fever and knew Blake likely wasnt the future so of course I'd rather see a new young guy to put our hope in but I get the feeling 3-4 yrs from now we'd just be screaming at the guys who drafted him like we are now with Bortles), I wanted a guy in the mid rounds for some competition or a diff vet than Henne, but it's not like any of those guys drastically changed our outlook. The one guy that I think could potentially is still on the market.

There is literally no upside to playing Blake now with that 5th yr player option. He has zero confidence, he still has mechanics problems that cause his throwing motion to be wayyyy too long/sloppy footwork. There's no real upside besides hoping he breaks out of it but considering this is year four and he's still having problems WHILE having a 19M option that could kick in if something bad happens...it's just not worth it.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm confused, what were you hoping here? Were you hoping Blake was going into the season as the starter?

Legitimately what I was hoping for? Dave being fired like literally every other GM who has ever screwed up on a top 15 QB selection. A new GM brought in. More than just chair shuffling in the coaching staff. A legitimate play made for a QB (whether that be Kap, Cutler, Smith, or whoever, just clear effort to address the position).

Henne isn’t starting because Blake was bad and they need to protect for the 5th year option. Henne is starting because this team decided yet again to be complacent with a dumpster fire at the most important position in football, hoping it wouldn’t be a dumpster fire, and it predictably backfired.

Archived