🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

But no one is doing that. Look in the Dallas forum. That place is pretty much miserable. Anytime the team loses, everyone is ready to “blow it all up”, and there is high drama. This is because Dallas cannot lose quietly, and the media tears them to pieces anytime it happens.

What media outlets have been proclaiming Dallas as the SB favorite? If it’s out there, it is well hidden. It’s far more popular to be a Stephen A Smith or Colin Cowherd (however you spell this guy’s name.. lmao) than it is to be a Skip Baylee’s who obviously plays the trope of the obnoxious Cowboys fan that doesn’t actually exist in reality. I mean, I’m obviously a bigger Dallas fan than most, and even I’m not going into each season saying “iTs OuR yEaR!!”. Even then.. why do people care about fanbases being optimistic and hopefully about their team? It’s weird.

Temper-tantrum GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

Again. I wasn't talking about the actual Cowboys fans. I'm talking about the media grifters.

The media was propping Dallas up and putting the Eagles down for their recent matchup. Crazy. Just look at Fox Sports and ESPN. Aside from their obvious "Cowboys heel" characters which there are like 1 or 2 on both networks, they're all pumping the Cowboys up.

I'll say this. I actually like most of you guys here on the forum. Matts was admittedly one that got on most of our nerves, but dudes like BigD88, MadHatter, WizardHawk, misfit, taz all immediately come to mind. 

Right, but I’m talking about the media as well. I don’t know what outlets / “analysts” are shouting to the heavens about how good Dallas is. Even as a Dallas fan I rarely see it. Then again, I don’t think there is anything wrong with objective credit being given. There is nothing wrong in talking about Dallas being a legit threat in the NFC.

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Right, but I’m talking about the media as well. I don’t know what outlets / “analysts” are shouting to the heavens about how good Dallas is. Even as a Dallas fan I rarely see it. Then again, I don’t think there is anything wrong with objective credit being given. There is nothing wrong in talking about Dallas being a legit threat in the NFC.

They are not a legitimate threat to any playoff team.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Low quality content is Dallas' victories this year

Yep, that’s why Dak Prescott has been able to just chill on the sidelines in the 4th quarter in the majority of those victories because they crushed the opposition. You know.. like against the Jets? A trash team that your team lost to?

That isn’t even meant to be that big of a criticism against Philly.. but don’t have double standards. Your team also got dragged to OT by the same team that lost to the Tommy Devito led Giants team (who Dallas of course trounced). Let’s not act like Dallas hasn’t been impressive while turning to a blind eye to when your team has struggled against the competition level that Dallas has absolutely trounced.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They are not a legitimate threat to any playoff team.

I thought you were just trolling, but you might actually just be this big of a homer. They were obviously a legitimate threat to your own team in the last game they played before tonight’s game. Have fun with that matchup in Arlington.

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Yep, that’s why Dak Prescott has been able to just chill on the sidelines in the 4th quarter in the majority of those victories because they crushed the opposition. You know.. like against the Jets? A trash team that your team lost to?

That isn’t even meant to be that big of a criticism against Philly.. but don’t have double standards. Your team also got dragged to OT by the same team that lost to the Tommy Devito led Giants team (who Dallas of course trounced). Let’s not act like Dallas hasn’t been impressive while turning to a blind eye to when your team has struggled against the competition level that Dallas has absolutely trounced.

Your team peaks in the regular season against scrubs, we peak in the playoffs against the best of the best.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I thought you were just trolling, but you might actually just be this big of a homer. They were obviously a legitimate threat to your own team in the last game they played before tonight’s game. Have fun with that matchup in Arlington.

@EagleBlueDon @EaglesPeteC you see me critical of the Eagles every day, am I that big of a homer?

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

Your team peaks in the regular season against scrubs, we peak in the playoffs against the best of the best.

Sure. I don’t know what point there is in even trying to discuss anything with you when you ignore literally 100% of the post you’re quoting. Obviously Dallas has been kicked out of the playoffs against the Niners the last couple of seasons heading into this one. Struggling with one specific team that might be the best in the NFL doesn’t mean they’re a pretender. Last season Philly punched its ticket to the SB by beating the freaking New York Giants (lol) and then playing a team that couldn’t even field a QB. Stop it. 

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You would think Dallas fans would have learned their lesson by now not to get excited by moderate regular season success.

“Moderate” lol. They’re living so rent free, too. The obsession with not giving credit is really something. At least us Dallas fans can credit Philly as a good team.

Edited by NoFlyZone