2010's All-Decade Team

x0x

3 hours ago, Malik said:

Odell deserves the nod over Julio Jones to me. Julio essentially has 4 more seasons of play but only 7 more touchdowns than Beckham. Julio will likely get the nod because he's more physically imposing and doesn't have an personality quirks that the media hates. Also the lack of Revis is surprising even though his best year was in 09, he was hands down the best CB when healthy between 10-14 and still a very good corner in 2015. Arian Foster is in discussion for 2nd team to me. I don't know if I would even say that he deserves the spot but he's definitely in the conversation when he was healthy. 

Julio has like twice as many yards.

19 hours ago, Asciimo said:

I don't know who is deserving of those spots, I just don't think it'll be those guys. just my opinion.

Ok then if you don't know or have any alternatives then your opinion doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

How can you have an opinion on players not being there "without" having an idea who actually should? If they aren't  good enough in your eyes, surely somebody must be??

There are no wrong answers because as you said,  it's an opinion. 

Exactly offer up some other players that he feels are deserving

8 hours ago, Malik said:

He's played in 4 more seasons. I would hope so.

You don't get bonus points for playing less for an award like this. It's the best players over the course of that decade, and Julio will come out with nearly twice the production as OBJ in most regards. OBJ has no business over him there. Even with OBJ having more TDs per season, he still has less TDs in the 2010s.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

You don't get bonus points for playing less for an award like this. It's the best players over the course of that decade, and Julio will come out with nearly twice the production as OBJ in most regards. OBJ has no business over him there. Even with OBJ having more TDs per season, he still has less TDs in the 2010s.

He gets points because he's the better WR across the decade. Julio starting earlier doesn't make him a better one.

2 hours ago, Malik said:

He gets points because he's the better WR across the decade. Julio starting earlier doesn't make him a better one.

Better WR, maybe not, but more suited for the award, it absolutely does. Because OBJ has played less of the decade, and that does matter. Otherwise you'd have a better argument for Calvin than OBJ. Hell, Patrick Mahomes is going to have everyone at QB beat in per year stats as a starter, right? Not his fault he started so late, clearly he should be the QB.

Timing has always mattered for this award. It's one of the flaws on it, but it is what it is. It's why guys like Jamal Lewis beat out guys like Adrian Peterson for the 2000s team. Peterson was better from 2007 - 2009 than Lewis ever was, but you're not going to pick a guy with half the yards in that decade of another guy, even though he was way better per year. Hell, it's why Dante Hall made it over Devin Hester. There is clear precedent for picking guys who contributed more in the overall decade over guys who were more spectacular but for only a handful of years. There's no way OBJ would make this team over Julio. The contribution in the decade isn't close. And honestly, Julio has been better during OBJ's career anyway. 2 all-pros and 5 pro-bowls versus 3 pro-bowls.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived