2010's All-Decade Team

x0x

Well, well, well. I recall how there was a poll done in 2012 about which QB would win the most Super Bowls in the 2010s. And the poll was criticized because Brady ran away with it. At the time of course, Rodgers, Eli and Flacco had the rings thus far.

Now Brady has made 5 Super Bowl appearances, more than Rodgers, Wilson and Big Ben put together. While Rodgers looked to be the runaway after his 2nd MVP season, it would now be lunacy to put anyone but Brady on the 1st Team. The battle for 2nd Team meanwhile is not so clear cut as Russell Wilson could conceivably leapfrog the safety pick in Rodgers.

Running Back would be hard. Adrian Peterson gets a spot but is it 1st team or does it go to Bell? Peterson still trucking along and does have 6 solid seasons with 2 being All-Pro and 1 MVP. Then what about Marshawn Lynch? Going Kuhn on my FB.

The Wide Receiver class seems to be Antonio and Julio but I'm open to hearing counters. Calvin did lock down 6 Pro Bowl seasons with 1st Team All-Pro in 3 of them but limited playoff numbers when comparing to the former two.

Tight-End I believe is set with Gronkowki and Graham but you can argue Witten over Graham.

Then the offensive line seems to be Pouncey at C and Joe Thomas at LT to start. I guess Peters has good argument as the other Tackle, then we just have the Guards. I go Yanda and Zack Martin but it's tight.

Defense, my word it's tough after the obvious ones with Watt, Miller, Donald, Kuechley and Patrick Peterson.

Eric Berry is like Bob Sanders in that he's amazing when healthy, but is his career in the decade enough? Then there's Talib, Thomas, Sherman and of course Darrell Revis. I get that Revis and Sherman might not seem tough but Revis has 7 seasons in the decade with 6 of them good and maybe that's not enough while Thomas and Sherman played on the same team and had a really great ride but not as much success outside of those luster years. Weddle has really extended himself past his first string of top years. It's tough to complete the secondary.

For my Kicker I'm still taking Adam Vinatieri thank you. Punter I guess Hekker makes it a no brainer with the all-pro but I still thought Lechler was just as great as 00s just committee got tired of handing him the spots. His averages maintained. KR is going to be Patterson and for Punts I'll have Sproles.

QB: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, LeSean McCoy, Le'Veon Bell
WR: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce/Jimmy Graham (Can't decide, try to forget recency bias)

That's all I can really do for now. Harder to judge other positions, but I'm sure someone can.

HC: Bill Belichick

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Adrian Peterson

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Julio Jones

TE: Rob Gronkowski

WR: AJ Green

T: Jason Peters

OG: David Decastro

C: Alex Mack/Jason Kelce

OG: Zack Martin

T: Tyron Smith

Defense

Edge: Von Miller

DT: Aaron Donald

DT: Fletcher Cox 

Edge: JJ Watt

OLB: Khalil Mack

MLB: Luke Kuechly

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan

CB: Richard Sherman

CB: Patrick Peterson

S: Earl Thomas

S: Harrison Smith

Kicker: Adam Vinateri

Punter: Shane Lechler

2 hours ago, eagles18 said:

HC: Bill Belichick

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Adrian Peterson

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Julio Jones

TE: Rob Gronkowski

WR: AJ Green

T: Jason Peters

OG: David Decastro

C: Alex Mack/Jason Kelce

OG: Zack Martin

T: Tyron Smith

Defense

Edge: Von Miller

DT: Aaron Donald

DT: Fletcher Cox 

Edge: JJ Watt

OLB: Khalil Mack

MLB: Luke Kuechly

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan

CB: Richard Sherman

CB: Patrick Peterson

S: Earl Thomas

S: Harrison Smith

Kicker: Adam Vinateri

Punter: Shane Lechler

Just missing Joe Thomas. I’d put him over Smith and award Peters for his play prior to 2010(But actually because Smith is a cowboy).

3 hours ago, Asciimo said:

I find these ones questionable.

Cox and  both Smiths might be there by the end of the decade. Might have Geno Atkins there for now just because he has a longer career.  Who over Harrison? I don’t have a problem with him over Berry, Weddle, or Kam.

I feel like Lavonte David, Marshall Yanda, and Joe Thomas need to be on there for now. Bobby Wagner might be the best lb of the decade when it’s over.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, TXsteeler said:

Vinatieri over Tucker based on what? Better % (Highest all time in career) playing outside vs in a dome and with a longer leg.

You've given it to him solely based on what he did the decade before.

Clutch factor, which is the most important factor.

Tucker is 9/10 in playoffs, good but unfortunately for him not enough. Also 38/54 on 50+ (70.3%)

Vinatieri goes 14/18 and is 33/45 on 50+ (73.3%)

Then of course you go by individual pressure kicks. Vinatieri makes a go ahead kick in 2010 and 2015. Tucker got the game winner in double OT against the Broncos in 13 and that was awesome just not enough for me.

15 hours ago, x0x said:

Tucker is 9/10 in playoffs, good but unfortunately for him not enough. Also 38/54 on 50+ (70.3%)

Then of course you go by individual pressure kicks. Vinatieri makes a go ahead kick in 2010 and 2015. Tucker got the game winner in double OT against the Broncos in 13 and that was awesome just not enough for me.

Clutch factor?
In the 2001 playoffs, during a blizzard against the Oakland Raiders in the final game at Foxboro Stadium, Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal into a swirling winter wind to tie the game 13–13 and send it into overtime. The Patriots won the game on another field goal of 23 yards by Vinatieri.[18] In Super Bowl XXXVI that season, Vinatieri kicked a 48-yard field goal on the final play to give the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl victory, a 20–17 upset win over the St. Louis Rams, who were 14-point favorites coming into the game.[19] Two years later in the 2003 season, in an almost identical situation, he kicked a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left in Super Bowl XXXVIII to boost the Patriots to another championship (after missing one field goal and having another attempt blocked in the first half). This time, the Patriots defeated the Carolina Panthers 32–29, making Vinatieri the first player ever to be the deciding factor in two Super Bowl games.

15 hours ago, x0x said:

So being 2 missed kicks away from having a lower 50+ yarder % and 1 extra game winning kick is enough to outweigh everything I pointed out plus the 3 extra missed kicks in the playoffs?

On 1/25/2019 at 11:46 AM, Danger said:

Clutch factor?
In the 2001 playoffs, during a blizzard against the Oakland Raiders in the final game at Foxboro Stadium, Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal into a swirling winter wind to tie the game 13–13 and send it into overtime. The Patriots won the game on another field goal of 23 yards by Vinatieri.[18] In Super Bowl XXXVI that season, Vinatieri kicked a 48-yard field goal on the final play to give the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl victory, a 20–17 upset win over the St. Louis Rams, who were 14-point favorites coming into the game.[19] Two years later in the 2003 season, in an almost identical situation, he kicked a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left in Super Bowl XXXVIII to boost the Patriots to another championship (after missing one field goal and having another attempt blocked in the first half). This time, the Patriots defeated the Carolina Panthers 32–29, making Vinatieri the first player ever to be the deciding factor in two Super Bowl games.

Games played in the 2000s don't really have any bearing on the 2010s all-decade team.

12 hours ago, Asciimo said:
17 hours ago, bootsy said:

You find these questionable but you don't offer any alternatives. 

I don't know who is deserving of those spots, I just don't think it'll be those guys. just my opinion.

How can you have an opinion on players not being there "without" having an idea who actually should? If they aren't  good enough in your eyes, surely somebody must be??

There are no wrong answers because as you said,  it's an opinion. 

Odell deserves the nod over Julio Jones to me. Julio essentially has 4 more seasons of play but only 7 more touchdowns than Beckham. Julio will likely get the nod because he's more physically imposing and doesn't have an personality quirks that the media hates. Also the lack of Revis is surprising even though his best year was in 09, he was hands down the best CB when healthy between 10-14 and still a very good corner in 2015. Arian Foster is in discussion for 2nd team to me. I don't know if I would even say that he deserves the spot but he's definitely in the conversation when he was healthy. 

Archived