Rams' Robey-Coleman says age has taken a toll on Tom Brady

SBLIII

42 minutes ago, mission27 said:

But he's in better shape than he was at 25 or 30

Stop it. There is nobody on this earth who is in better shape at the age of 40 than they were at ages 25-30. Can some slow the progression and make the most of it better than others, sure. But NOBODY is in "better shape" at 40 than they were at 25-30. Hell, why do think the military is reluctant on taking on you at that age. 

Some of you Patriots fans are doing WAY too much slurping. 

20 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Stop it. There is nobody on this earth who is in better shape at the age of 40 than they were at ages 25-30. Can some slow the progression and make the most of it better than others, sure. But NOBODY is in "better shape" at 40 than they were at 25-30. Hell, why do think the military is reluctant on taking on you at that age. 

Some of you Patriots fans are doing WAY too much slurping. 

Needless to say, this is hyperbole. There have been plenty of guys to be out of shape at 25-30 and then get in much better shape at 40 after developing a different lifestyle.

Not Tom Brady, but to say NOBODY isn't exactly true.

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Stop it. There is nobody on this earth who is in better shape at the age of 40 than they were at ages 25-30. Can some slow the progression and make the most of it better than others, sure. But NOBODY is in "better shape" at 40 than they were at 25-30. 

In sports, maybe. 

I know a decent amount of individuals that didn’t take care of themselves for years and are now in much better shape than they were - closer to 40 than 25. You’re wrong there.

2 minutes ago, jjab360 said:

Needless to say, this is hyperbole. There have been plenty of guys to be out of shape at 25-30 and then get in much better shape at 40 after developing a different lifestyle.

Not Tom Brady, but to say NOBODY isn't exactly true.

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

In sports, maybe. 

I know a decent amount of individuals that didn’t take care of themselves for years and are now in much better shape than they were - closer to 40 than 25. You’re wrong there.

I'm guessing you're within this same age group and therefore have the same mindset that others at your age have -- the bravado, can conquer it all type. It don't work like that. 

Name some people who are in better shape at 40+ than they were at 25-30? I'll wait. Both physical abuse to the body and natural occurrences happen to EVERYONE. Whether you want to admit or not.

I know I didn't want to admit it either at the time but I notice it now every day when I work out with my 17 year old son. And I used to walk/job/run miles around the city every day and workout 4 days a week when I was 25. Now, I can still do it but nowhere near the same as I did. 

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm guessing you're within this same age group and therefore have the same mindset that others at your age have -- the bravado, can conquer it all type. It don't work like that. 

Name some people who are in better shape at 40+ than they were at 25-30? I'll wait. Both physical abuse to the body and natural occurrences happen to EVERYONE. Whether you want to admit or not.

I know I didn't want to admit it either at the time but I notice it now every day when I work out with my 17 year old son. And I used to walk/job/run miles around the city every day and workout 4 days a week when I was 25. Now, I can still do it but nowhere near the same as I did. 

I’ve watched multiple people in my own family go from obese messes to decent-to-good shape. My cousin was probably 60ish pounds overweight out of college and she ran her first marathon last year. 

Think whatever you want, just try not to spout your own personal experiences/views as fact, cool? Cool.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’ve watched multiple people in my own family go from obese messes to decent-to-good shape. My cousin was probably 60ish pounds overweight out of college and she ran her first marathon last year. 

Think whatever you want, just try not to spout your own personal experiences/views as fact, cool? Cool.

None of this if even anything close to what we're talking about here. Losing weight has no bearing here whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Think he means sports in general. You’re at your physical peak in strength in your early 20s. A QB like Brady whose taking many of hits! Their back starts to give out from worn out disk! And that goes for everyone due to age and wear and tear. But in a way you’re right. Tom has turned into quite the man candy! And like Sqidward he’s turned more beautiful with hits/age.

still though our bodies at their full potential in their 20s early 30s! And testosterone starts coming down by a huge margin. And then boom there goes your metabolism. So you’re both right and wrong. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

None of this if even anything close to what we're talking about here. Losing weight has no bearing here whatsoever.

Oh?

49 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

There is nobody on this earth who is in better shape at the age of 40 than they were at ages 25-30. Can some slow the progression and make the most of it better than others, sure. But NOBODY is in "better shape" at 40 than they were at 25-30. 

Did the definition of “nobody” change recently? 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Huh? Losing weight goes hand in hand with physical fitness/being in "better shape".

You're just wrong here, there have been plenty of people to have a lifestyle change in their 30s and are more fit at 40 than when they were in their 20s. Not to make this a person attack AT ALL but just because that hasn't been your personal experience doesn't make it everyone else's.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Think he means sports in general. You’re at your physical peak in strength in your early 20s. A QB like Brady whose taking many of hits! Their back starts to give out from worn out disk! And that goes for everyone due to age and wear and tear. But in a way you’re right. Tom has turned into quite the man candy! And like Sqidward he’s turned more beautiful with hits/age.

still though our bodies at their full potential in their 20s early 30s! And testosterone starts coming down by a huge margin. And then boom there goes your metabolism. So you’re both right and wrong. 

I’m not even talking about Tom Brady. I responded to the post that said “NOBODY on Earth is in better shape at age 40 than age 25-30”. Which is wrong. 

I don’t think for a second Brady is in better physical shape now than he was 10-15 years ago, nor would I care to join that debate. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Thank you Rammy. Yes. Which is why I referenced the military as a example. You are at your peak before 25-30 and that's essential to them.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Thank you Rammy. Yes. Which is why I referenced the military as a example. You are at your peak before 25-30 and that's essential to them.

That’s cool and all, but you said this:

56 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm sorry. I forgot how hypersensitive some people can be nowadays.

FWIW, I generally agree with your statement as it pertains to professional athletes. 

But that whole “nobody” bit? Yeah, no.

Archived