Mafia Mafia - Town Wins

Dome

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

No way I'm lynching a new guy on the first day. The goal is for them to learn and appreciate mafia, and a random D1 lynch isn't going to help.

Let's go with a No Lynch until we know more

Why not lynch a not new guy?

Yeah, immediately declaring No Lynch in a serious fashion serves no benefit.  You cut off all information you can gain that phase by locking yourself into it.  Even if you don’t want to lynch someone, broadcasting it is a punt on the essence of the game.

I forgive you new people because I jokingly did it to see who would follow.  The rest of you should know better.

Also, I asked someone if they’re Mafia, in a vanilla game and his response was “no comment.”

Needlessly cryptic answers are a warning sign.  We know the mechanics and setup.  A Town person would be more inclined to just concede their Town since the only other option is Mafia.

I’ll pretend I didn’t make this post explaining that if someone else wants to pursue it.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Also, I asked someone if they’re Mafia, in a vanilla game and his response was “no comment.”

Needlessly cryptic answers are a warning sign.  We know the mechanics and setup.  A Town person would be more inclined to just concede their Town since the only other option is Mafia.

I’ll pretend I didn’t make this post explaining that if someone else wants to pursue it.

I am the village idiot what do you expect? I vote to off you though because you are Mafia. 

I’m beginning to think Counselor messed up and is The Goon, since a big neanderthal dummy is typical flavor for a Mafia henchman in Vanilla games, and is claiming Village Idiot.

Or, he’s Cop and read some Mafia wiki about claiming the Village Idiot strategy to survive to endgame.

Or, he’s a new guy who doesn’t realize what he’s claiming.

I’ll let you all decide!

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I’m beginning to think Counselor messed up and is The Goon, since a big neanderthal dummy is typical flavor for a Mafia henchman in Vanilla games, and is claiming Village Idiot.

Or, he’s Cop and read some Mafia wiki about claiming the Village Idiot strategy to survive to endgame.

Or, he’s a new guy who doesn’t realize what he’s claiming.

I’ll let you all decide!

All three

2 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I've never seen no lynch suggested in the 2 games I've played previously

A voted no lynch almost never happens. I can only remember 1 or 2 times that I've played and seen it. I think they were near end game scenarios where it can be beneficial depending on the roles left at that point

I like that you quipped about fluff not convincing you of your seemingly steadfast convictions, but then skipped the post asking which of a handful of posts convinced you I am Mafia, to instrad respond with a joke.

That won’t work in other games, unless you’re ET, and then you’re allowed to do whatever you want, apparently.

11 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I like that you quipped about fluff not convincing you of your seemingly steadfast convictions, but then skipped the post asking which of a handful of posts convinced you I am Mafia, to instrad respond with a joke.

That won’t work in other games, unless you’re ET, and then you’re allowed to do whatever you want, apparently.

I’m new baby girl

Archived