2. Hakeem Butler-

3. Elgton Jenkins-

4. Justin Layne-

5. Austin Bryant-

6. Kristian Fulton-

6. Kahale Warring-

7. Kendall Blanton-

7. Diontae Johnson-

I'm sure after the combine this will be totally different...

17 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Ziggy is likely going to get a contract for $9M while Flowers should be getting $17M - $18M. Having both guys seems like a really heavy investment, especially in a FA class that is deep at DL and a draft class that is also deep at the position.

Exactly who would pay ziggy that with such deep fa  and draft... trey as well really. With such a deep fa and draft at the position I hoping I guess drive the price down some... not hell bent on flowers there are other pr I'd take

I be shocked if anyone gave anything more than a prove it deal for ziggy

Just now, Rockcity2 said:

Exactly who would pay ziggy that with such deep fa  and draft... trey as well really. With such a deep fa and draft at the position I hoping I guess drive the price down some... not hell bent on flowers there are other pr I'd take

I be shocked if anyone gave anything more than a prove it deal for ziggy

I expect the following to be re-signed to their original teams: Frank Clark (Seattle); Demarcus Lawrence (Dallas); Dee Ford (KC); Clowney (Houston); Jarrett (Atlanta). It does hurt the top end of the FA class. Flowers is young and has shown to be productive and reliable. He might be less valuable to a team that doesn't run a defense like the Patriots - you could assume that a part of his success is from the scheme. This is less of a risk on a team like Detroit or Miami where they're both going to be running a very similar scheme.

Ansah is probably going to a team with an established DL on a one year $7M - $9M prove it deal. LA Rams could be a good fit.

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I expect the following to be re-signed to their original teams: Frank Clark (Seattle); Demarcus Lawrence (Dallas); Dee Ford (KC); Clowney (Houston); Jarrett (Atlanta). It does hurt the top end of the FA class. Flowers is young and has shown to be productive and reliable. He might be less valuable to a team that doesn't run a defense like the Patriots - you could assume that a part of his success is from the scheme. This is less of a risk on a team like Detroit or Miami where they're both going to be running a very similar scheme.

Ansah is probably going to a team with an established DL on a one year $7M - $9M prove it deal. LA Rams could be a good fit.

Ok so what are you doing at the position.. you not gonna pay anyone? Gonna pigeon hole your draft..go for it.None of these guys are worth the money? Everyone is gonna resign? I've seen prolly 20 mocks about signing flowers and not one peep..soon as I do it's to much? And im only asking for 3 guys... with the other 2 not being expensive... where you plan on spending the money..

27 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Ok so what are you doing at the position.. you not gonna pay anyone? Gonna pigeon hole your draft..go for it.None of these guys are worth the money? Everyone is gonna resign? I've seen prolly 20 mocks about signing flowers and not one peep..soon as I do it's to much? And im only asking for 3 guys... with the other 2 not being expensive... where you plan on spending the money..

No - my point is that the FA class is likely going to lead to a bunch of guys getting re-signed and reducing the top level of the talent in that pool. In order to get a guy like Flowers to join a team like Detroit, it's going to take about $18M/year for 5 years to do it. He already has 2 SB rings, so winning a championship isn't going to be a top priority (and why he'd take a hometown discount). We just paid Ziggy similar money with the franchise tag and he barely played at all this year. At least if you're going to spend that kind of money we will get the ROI to make it worth it. I like Okawra but it's not like he is a guaranteed producer. We also have struggled with depth at the position, so it won't hurt to sign a guy like Flowers, bring back Okawra and draft a guy in the first 3 rounds to be a key contributor.

This team was at its best when the DL was a position of strength and we could get after the QB. The secondary had been a key issue. Slay is a stud and we have some talent in the LB corp. We have pieces to make this a very stout defense if we can figure out this pass-rushing issue.

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

No - my point is that the FA class is likely going to lead to a bunch of guys getting re-signed and reducing the top level of the talent in that pool. In order to get a guy like Flowers to join a team like Detroit, it's going to take about $18M/year for 5 years to do it. He already has 2 SB rings, so winning a championship isn't going to be a top priority (and why he'd take a hometown discount). We just paid Ziggy similar money with the franchise tag and he barely played at all this year. At least if you're going to spend that kind of money we will get the ROI to make it worth it. I like Okawra but it's not like he is a guaranteed producer. We also have struggled with depth at the position, so it won't hurt to sign a guy like Flowers, bring back Okawra and draft a guy in the first 3 rounds to be a key contributor.

This team was at its best when the DL was a position of strength and we could get after the QB. The secondary had been a key issue. Slay is a stud and we have some talent in the LB corp. We have pieces to make this a very stout defense if we can figure out this pass-rushing issue.

I just think I'd be more comfortable going into the draft with the D pretty much set. Don't wanna depend on a bunch of rookies. And really would like to see them get aggressive in fa with getting a cb and I mean a good one.

And if I could get two decent ascending players at pr I actually rather go that route in fa. Rather a ton of pr and solid secondary. My mock doesn't show really what I want... but I didn't do trades more to show who I'm liking in the draft... so if I were dealt straight picks I'd be more forced to go this route... *** backwards iyam..

Like I said I'd try to trade for a top end corner like say pp... grab a bunch of pr/dl 

Draft rolls around I like the mock I have... but can't say it would go that way bc I'd have to give up some picks for say pp.  

Either way imo I built a mean offence..

13 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I just think I'd be more comfortable going into the draft with the D pretty much set. Don't wanna depend on a bunch of rookies. And really would like to see them get aggressive in fa with getting a cb and I mean a good one.

And if I could get two decent ascending players at pr I actually rather go that route in fa. Rather a ton of pr and solid secondary. My mock doesn't show really what I want... but I didn't do trades more to show who I'm liking in the draft... so if I were dealt straight picks I'd be more forced to go this route... *** backwards iyam..

Like I said I'd try to trade for a top end corner like say pp... grab a bunch of pr/dl 

Draft rolls around I like the mock I have... but can't say it would go that way bc I'd have to give up some picks for say pp.  

Either way imo I built a mean offence..

I just put out a mock with some ideas on how to address some of our bigger issues: DE, TE, CB. It's not perfect but it was sort of fleshing out some different ideas I had on how the draft might break out.

Just didn't like the draft and wasn't a fan of bringing back Ziggy unless it's for little money like 5-6 million 1 year.

Flower/Wright/Ingram would be welcome additions to me though. WR Hakeem Butler doesn't up set me either in the draft. I really wanna see what he does at the combine. He could rise big time. 

9 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Just didn't like the draft and wasn't a fan of bringing back Ziggy unless it's for little money like 5-6 million 1 year.

Flower/Wright/Ingram would be welcome additions to me though. WR Hakeem Butler doesn't up set me either in the draft. I really wanna see what he does at the combine. He could rise big time. 

Ya I'm hoping for cheap if not well i pass

You don't like jawaan? 

6 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You surprised me. I thought I was the only one that liked Taylor. I would prefer if the Lions traded down and took him but if he were their guy then they might just take him at 8.

Reminds me of Tyron Smith coming out

Archived