Preseason Game 3 Colts @ Steelers GDT

JLambert58

6 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

You guys need to get a grip.  

He isnt really that far off.   

I would say he is a very limited player who can be solid at times and terrible at times

My main issue is this....Cockrell will likely get more playing time than guys like Sutton and Allen, and while I understand it (Sutton and Allen are a higher risk of mental mistakes), Cockrell usually just meh and has no real upside to speak of.

If Cockrell struggles early on in the season, I hope the young guys start stealing playing time from him.    I worry that wont happen though because we have seen CBs play like garbage and retain their starting job all year (*cough* Antwan Blake *cough*),

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Sensebaugh or Cockrell are keeping the seat warm for Sutton.  Hopefully by October. 

They should move Gay to FS and let Golden go.

I agree with all of this. I think Sutton starts cutting his teeth in the slot but will move outside as he progresses. 

19 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I (perhaps like you) was kinda of excited about getting a former 4th rdr with some upside on the roster. He showed some competitiveness and was scrappy early on but that was as a #4 CB and MAYBE a #3 CB. Now he's been thrust in as a starter and he just doesn't have that ability. At least as far as I've seen. He is routinely beaten by sub par WRs and torched by superior ones. Granted he's still young and to your point may still have some growth left in him but there is a lot of room for it and I'm not confident he can close that gap. And lets be honest, the Steelers have been known to keep some really bad players on the roster. 

Well, yeah, they have kept a few dogs around over the years.   We shall see if they can put it together.  I think the preseason is an indicator of where guys are, but it's still just the preseason.  Let's wait and see what Cockrell and the rest of these DBs can do come the regular season.   Still got one more game to work out some kinks. 

18 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He isnt really that far off.   

I would say he is a very limited player who can be solid at times and terrible at times

My main issue is this....Cockrell will likely get more playing time than guys like Sutton and Allen, and while I understand it (Sutton and Allen are a higher risk of mental mistakes), Cockrell usually just meh and has no real upside to speak of.

If Cockrell struggles early on in the season, I hope the young guys start stealing playing time from him.    I worry that wont happen though because we have seen CBs play like garbage and retain their starting job all year (*cough* Antwan Blake *cough*),

Nothing would make me happier than to see Sutton and Allen making huge strides and becoming contributors.  

Archived