Preseason Game 3 Colts @ Steelers GDT

JLambert58

Jones looks better in crunch time than in the past... but that pass can't be missed there. He's got to make a better throw there.

I didn't get to watch this game, but what is the bar here? Because from the box score, it doesn't seem like he's done much besides throw horizontal check downs.

Toussaint needs to be cut. There are just better RB's on the roster who actually have some interesting traits that could help this team. Besides being hard workers.

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

This teams #1 replacement need is still FS..I've had it as the #1 need for years. Golden is awful, and Mitchell has never been great and is closer to his last year than his good years.

Agreed.

I thought Golden might be able to be decent, but he doesnt even look like a backup caliber player right now.....and Ive been vocal about my feelings regarding Mitchell for awhile now.

Not really a fan of Davis either, but at least he still has upside.  

46 minutes ago, jebrick said:

When Sutton and Allen were in the game there was a lot of press man coverage.  THat was not seen at all with Cockrell/Gay on the field.

They'll do that and have success with it.....until we play the Patriots where they will revert back to soft zone and then wonder why they beat our butts again.   ¬¬

My mixed up/down & reflections on the game:  

Rogers great game & AB looking pro-bowl caliber as always on limited playing

L. Jones very good game.  Many accurate passes & looked poised in pocket.  Not great on INT, not sure who that was on.  Someone was arguing with me at the draft that Dobbs would be the #2 QB over Jones, uh not so much.  (Looking at you, Ward)

AV not a great game, trouble getting good position, knowing who to block

Watt better game than #2, nice deflected pass & some pressure.

Those who want to run Cockrell out of town need to CTFO.  He played better imo.  PI penalty looked bogus.  Playing more physical and had good position but lacks awareness at times.  Not saying he's a great starter but he still belongs on the team.  I'll give him some breathing room to work out the kinks. 

Sensabaugh decent, think he lacks that top gear, again not long-term answer as starting outside CB imo.

Grimble had some big positives starting with TD and some good blocks, one especially good, but did have a missed block as well.

Feiler had a really good game from what I saw.  Think he could be the next swing guard when Finney takes over for Foster or Pouncey.

Shout out to Lavon Hooks for some nice pressure

Gay nice play in EZ, but often is just one step behind

Matakevich aggressive, made a couple good plays including a near sack up the middle.  Too often he's not getting to the spot he needs to be.

Gore gashed the starting run D in the 1st quarter - ugly

Sutton should be fitted for his HOF jacket.  Ha kidding, but he did make some nice plays and brought some high-level swagger

Gilbert is freaking good

Nice to see Shazier out there looking All-Pro on a couple plays

VW couple nice tackles, sack w Deebo

Hawkins, Milton & Mihalik below the line showings from what I saw

Holba, you rat bast....  watch those high snaps

Berry nice punt

Bryant promising in limited, short routes.  Glad he wasn't hurt when his leg was bent back

Nice to see JuJu back in the game after he dinged his lower leg

Hargrave good pressure.

Not a great performance but some positives to take away 

24 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Those who want to run Cockrell out of town need to CTFO.  He played better imo.  PI penalty looked bogus.  Playing more physical and had good position but lacks awareness at times.  Not saying he's a great starter but he still belongs on the team.  I'll give him some breathing room to work out the kinks.

I never called for him to be cut, but he has absolutely no business being more than a backup.   Our lack of talent will force him to be on the field far more than I am comfortable.   Thats not going to change.  He has always been mediocre at best and will continue to be so going forward.   

Archived