Texans signing CB Bradley Roby

49erurtaza

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

This part worries me a bit. He's always been a #2 or #3, from what I've seen. In Houston, he's the unquestioned #1 (unless Houston trades for Patrick Peterson or trades up for Greedy Williams). Will he be able to crank it up as the alpha dog in that secondary?

Who knows - maybe he was always quite reserved and unsure of his ability because he was playing next to such a brash CB like Chris Harris. He's plenty of experience of going up against #1 WR's, as Wade would often move CHJ into the slot on 3rd down and Talib would play LCB. So, if the opposition #1 WR was moved to the left side of their formation, Roby would be opposite the #1 WR.

It could go either way, but it's a low risk move for the Texans.

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Who knows - maybe he was always quite reserved and unsure of his ability because he was playing next to such a brash CB like Chris Harris. He's plenty of experience of going up against #1 WR's, as Wade would often move CHJ into the slot on 3rd down and Talib would play LCB. So, if the opposition #1 WR was moved to the left side of their formation, Roby would be opposite the #1 WR.

It could go either way, but it's a low risk move for the Texans.

This makes me feel better...

Archived