It’s safe to assume at least half of you have brushed your teeth before

Ty21

5 minutes ago, braylon said:

Yeah, I'm just messin lol. But, I honestly have only seen the top two products advertised on social media or else I wouldn't even know what they are (although I guess that's how I hear about any new things?). But real question.. what do you think of the water pik thing? They've always intrigued me but I've never actually decided to try one out.

Hahaha, it's all good. The toothbrush was a Christmas present.

I love the WaterPik. Way easier than flossing. Only downside is it gets water everywhere until you get the hang of it. 

4 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I love the WaterPik. Way easier than flossing. Only downside is it gets water everywhere until you get the hang of it. 

Yeah, the WaterPik is great. I have the same one. I also add some mouthwash to the water and it leaves my mouth feeling great. Would recommend it to anyone. 

I have the Quip too, but I only use it for travel and when I’m brushing my teeth at the office or whatever. It doesn’t feel like it cleans as well as my Sonicare does. 

14 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Hahaha, it's all good. The toothbrush was a Christmas present.

@pwny

So do you guys feel like it's legit equivalent to flossing? I just can't wrap my head around it being as good as flossing lol.

1 minute ago, braylon said:

@pwny

So do you guys feel like it's legit equivalent to flossing? I just can't wrap my head around it being as good as flossing lol.

I do. You can adjust the pressure that comes out of the plastic tip so it blasts in between your teeth at whatever ferocity you'd like. I personally go at about half speed so I don't get any eye injuries.

And yeah, mouthwash after to make sure there isn't anything straggling behind.

Just now, braylon said:

@pwny

It’s better.

Imagine you have a gross deck that needs to be cleaned. Would you rather use a scrub brush or a pressure washer?

This study shows that water flossing decreases plaque by 74.4%, while traditional flossing only has a 57.7% reduction. This study shows that gingivitis and gum bleeding are also greater reduced using water flossing.

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s better.

Imagine you have a gross deck that needs to be cleaned. Would you rather use a scrub brush or a pressure washer?

This study shows that water flossing decreases plaque by 74.4%, while traditional flossing only has a 57.7% reduction. This study shows that gingivitis and gum bleeding are also greater reduced using water flossing.

Wow! So, this makes sense.. Except I just imagine there to be places in your mouth (like tight areas in between your teeth) that the water just wouldn't reach. So no experience with that with either of you? I think you guys just sold me on buying one of these asap.

1 minute ago, braylon said:

Wow! So, this makes sense.. Except I just imagine there to be places in your mouth (like tight areas in between your teeth) that the water just wouldn't reach. So no experience with that with either of you? I think you guys just sold me on buying one of these asap.

It’s specifically for the areas between your teeth, so it’s no problem. You just point the spray at the gap between your teeth, go up and down on the gap, then spray along the gum line of a tooth then start the process over at the next gap you’re at. Just do that on the front and back of all your teeth and you’re good to go.

I have one tooth that’s crowded behind two others, so it’s tighter than any two teeth should normally be, and I have no problem with the water getting there. It’s just water molecules, so if the whole stream doesn’t pass through, that part of the stream hits the teeth, but the part that can still pass through does so. If you can get floss between the teeth, the water will definitely be able to and should be able to deal with some areas that are hard to get with floss.

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s specifically for the areas between your teeth, so it’s no problem. You just point the spray at the gap between your teeth, go up and down on the gap, then spray along the gum line of a tooth then start the process over at the next gap you’re at. Just do that on the front and back of all your teeth and you’re good to go.

I have one tooth that’s crowded behind two others, so it’s tighter than any two teeth should normally be, and I have no problem with the water getting there. It’s just water molecules, so if the whole stream doesn’t pass through, that part of the stream hits the teeth, but the part that can still pass through does so. If you can get floss between the teeth, the water will definitely be able to and should be able to deal with some areas that are hard to get with floss.

Thanks man. :D

I don’t get people who brush their teeth themselves, it takes like 20 minutes a day to drop by your hygienist every morning and is 10x better.  Will only brush my own teeth when I’m traveling and don’t have a good dental rec in the area. 

Archived