How do yall feel about Shariff Finch

Just curious to the overall thought of what Finch means to this team and his role going forward and if that will affect the teams draft selections. I am HUGE fan of him. so much in fact that im starting to think EDGE may be a later round pick. If Landry and Wake are the starters with Finch as the 3rd guy, and maybe a draft pick with Korrea, how would yall feel about that? I am big into PFF and their grading metrics Had he played enough snaps, Finch would have been the number 7  EDGE defender in the NFL last year. Small sample size, I know, but he also could have gone out there and played horribly and the guy looks great on film. He also had a superb special teams grade as well. I wonder if the front office feels the same way and if that will influence how they feel about the urgency at the position. We may have found an undrafted GEM.

I like Finch.  I think before the season's over he'll be ahead of Correa on our depth chart, but I really don't want to have him as a starter if we can help it.  I do think TwoToneBlue is right about how Wake will play though.  I fully expect Correa and Finch to play a lot of first downs so they can save Wake for passing downs.

Pass rusher rookies rarely contribute that much, even the studs, so we're likely to see edge rush by committee for most of the season.

I don't rate Finch as high as most people (based on what I read here, twitter, etc)

I think he's just-another-guy in a sense, but certainly someone that can come in and contribute. I hope he proves me wrong and grows into a legit starter, but for me he's a backup/future journeyman

Solid player but definitely not ready to start. Setting the edge certainly isn’t his strong suit right now so he’s kind of limited. Needs to get much stronger much like Landry. I think he can certainly be a valuable piece though off the bench. I’m higher on Finch than I am Correa.

Archived