Best Case Scenario..

BJets512

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I dont see him as a high level LT. Hes the one player i dont want to draft high. His value is only high if he can play LT if youre taking him top 10. He is not as dominate of a player as Nelson was last year. 

A lot of the criticism that he can't play OT has to do with his arm length. He's got like 34" arms when some arbitrary standard says they should be 34 1/12 or better. My guess is half the NFL OT's would probably struggle at Alabama they are so bad.

8 hours ago, Harris Smith said:

A lot of the criticism that he can't play OT has to do with his arm length. He's got like 34" arms when some arbitrary standard says they should be 34 1/12 or better. My guess is half the NFL OT's would probably struggle at Alabama they are so bad.

It’s a stupid combine thing on why some say he can’t okay LT. But if you actually read what most educated people say about him, they love him. It’s fans reading too much into a stupid combine length. Watch his film at Alabama and you’ll see him hold his own most times against high level edge rushers

Jonah is not an LT at the next level right now. If you watch his initial footwork when he pans back, he back pedals. LT’s in the NFL side shuffle. If he doesn’t learn how to side shuffle, he opens up his inside shoulder to edge rushers and he’ll get wrecked. He can obviously learn how to do that, but he won’t be an LT day 1.  Some also question if he’ll be athletic enough to have the footwork and to do it wel. It’s why a ton project him at guard at the next level. 

Yeah my criticism of Jonah Williams has zero to do with his measurements. He’s going to be a good pro linemen I don’t doubt that, I don’t want him with out first pick. Unless we trade down to middle first round and he’s the best player left on the board, then sure take him. I just see a lot of other players with much higher ceilings. He has a high floor I will absolutely say that, but his ceiling is also not tremendously higher then his floor. I just don’t see him as a high level LT and that’s typically what you are looking at for a top 10 pick. I don’t love the value with him in the top 10. So just to be clear I acknowledge he’s a good player, but I personally wouldn’t want him in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah my criticism of Jonah Williams has zero to do with his measurements. He’s going to be a good pro linemen I don’t doubt that, I don’t want him with out first pick. Unless we trade down to middle first round and he’s the best player left on the board, then sure take him. I just see a lot of other players with much higher ceilings. He has a high floor I will absolutely say that, but his ceiling is also not tremendously higher then his floor. I just don’t see him as a high level LT and that’s typically what you are looking at for a top 10 pick. I don’t love the value with him in the top 10. So just to be clear I acknowledge he’s a good player, but I personally wouldn’t want him in the top 10. 

I think there are 5 OL in the 11 to 20 range, Dillard, Williams, Taylor, Bradbury and maybe Ford.. For me it’s totally about Williams’ measurements. When I saw him standing next to Joe Thomas (his idol), he  just seemed so tiny. That’s not to say he can’t be a good LT or even a pro bowl RT, G or C but at 3, i’d want the real Joe Turner

15 hours ago, Johntyler82 said:

Nice find.

Let me rephrase. Nobody actually expected that trade to happen beyond speculation. A jump up from 27 that high? Everyone was surprised when it happened including yourself. 

What's more likely? A trade up from 27 in to the top 10? Or a trade from 6 to 3? The 6 to 3 trade all day everyday, and that type of trade has happened far more than the other. 

I'm not saying any one of those teams give me strong feelings that they will trade up, but saying that it can easily happen and there is a precedent for it. Every year in the draft a few surprise trades happen that nobody sees coming because some teams are better at keeping their intentions unknown. 

Still, we are days away from the draft.  Beginning next Tuesday, crazy rumors about trade will show up everywhere and we may be able to pick up something about QB.situation.

13 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Oakland will draft a QB this year.  Maybe not at 4 but mark my words they are not committed to Carr.

I don't think Gruden will want any 1st round qb for first time ever.  I can see Raiders and Dolphins making attempt to collect premier picks for 2020 draft.

Archived