Rooting for the Browns next year

FrantikRam

Hey everyone. I have been a die-hard Rams fan most of my life - my Dad said they were on TV when he was a kid and he just fell in love with them. But we live in Columbus and my Dad grew up about a 90 minutes away from Cleveland - so we've always rooted for the Browns. I'm a decently big Cavs and Indians fan (but NFL is by far the top sport for me) - but my Dad passed on the Rams fandom to me. We went to the Browns first game back in 1999 against the Steelers and for a time split season tickets with a group of people. Always go to watch the Rams play there in preseason and the few times in the regular season (Monday Night game in 2003 was COLD).

I also personally sat through the Browns/Steelers Thursday Night game several years ago (that the Browns won) where it was -5/-10 degrees.

Anyways, with the Rams moving back to LA, we had more flexibility to watch early games and ended up watching the Browns quite a bit last year. Before the season I predicted they would be the "Rams" of that year, and while they fell short of that, I feel like I was at least somewhat right. Baker is legit. Now after this off-season, the hype will be through the roof, and I'll definitely watch most of the games and root for them (save for when the Rams come to Cleveland this year of course). No fan base deserves a winning season more and I'll be rooting for it to happen.

Congrats on the exciting off-season thus far. Just as I predicted the Browns would be the Rams of last year, it's happening again this off-season - last year we were the team making splashy trades.

Archived