Official Syracuse Orange Football Thread

Kmart128

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Would love to become a Cuse football fan, as they are my basketball team, I've just never been able to stick with an NCAAF team

Well nows the time to hop on board. Our offense is unstoppable with Dino Babers system and our 2018 recruiting class is the best we have had in a long time. If we can get bigger and faster on defense then we would be a really good team. Our depth on defense cost us last year. But we added a lot of grad transfers on defense this year and have all our defenders returning. Should make for an interesting season. Im saying 5 to 6 wins. And im only saying that because we have the toughest schedule in college football this year

Well some thoughts from the game. Eric Dungey looks even better than last year. If he can stay healthy than watch out. Babers was right by saying Ishamel is most improved player. Dude deserved a chance to get into endzone. Unfortnately he couldn't. Erv Phillips is still Erv... Mr 3rd down. So reliable. CCSt kept trying to rip ball out of his hands but to no success. 

However... our run game still sucks... couldnt run on a FCS school. Pathetic. Strickland should of just stayed as a WR. He has no vison. Our run blocking isnt doing him any favors either. Chris Elmore the freshman FB seemed like only guy giving any effort in run blocking. Luckily the freshman Pierre looked good. Say we just hand reigns to him.

Scoop Bradshaw needs to go. He shouldnt be anything other than a nickle or dime corner. I said it last year, guy just isnt fast enough or big enough to compete with todays outside recievers. Not only did he give up the TD on 4th and 4 by getting burned but also gave up a huge play on 3rd and long earlier that drive and then proceeded to whiff on tackle. He single handily prevented the shutout with FCS recievers burning him. He may be ok with smaller slot revievers but he is just to slow and to small to be on the outside.

It was nice to see Murphy miss an xp get benched and come back to get a FG. Last year if one bad thing happened it got in his head and it would lead to other mistakes and other missed FGs. Shows he has a better head on him this year.

Nice to see Babers actually use a TE as well. Looks like Pierce will be used primarily as a redzone target but Babers never uses a TE so there is some improvement there.

So seems like we have the same strengths as last year and same weaknesses as last year. But if we can stay healthier we should be better. Luckily we are a deeper team this year just incase the injury bug strikes again.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2018 at 2:29 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Should have converted Dungy to TE last year. Though he probably can't stay healthy.

Have no idea what happened to his arm. His first couple years he was a better passer than a runner. Just seems with all the head injuries he has taken that he tries to save his body by escaping the pocket instead of staying in the pocket looking for the 2nd and 3rd options and taking a hit.

He is still a hell of a player because he always player 110%. Devitos arm is just NFL caliber

• 7 months later...

Yo that gets me so stoked for next year already. And Syracuse is selling more season tickets then almost ever before.  Syracuse fans have been waiting to be relevant again and this is legit the perfect time to bring back a classic look. I went to a couple games last year and even tho the Dome wasn't packed it was rocking the entire time. I'm expecting a sell out for Clemson and as long as we beat Maryland it's almost a given college gameday will be on campus. It's already ESPN primetime

46 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yo that gets me so stoked for next year already. And Syracuse is selling more season tickets then almost ever before.  Syracuse fans have been waiting to be relevant again and this is legit the perfect time to bring back a classic look. I went to a couple games last year and even tho the Dome wasn't packed it was rocking the entire time. I'm expecting a sell out for Clemson and as long as we beat Maryland it's almost a given college gameday will be on campus. It's already ESPN primetime

Happy for Cuse fans they sucked for too long.

(Still hope we beat y'all this year but it won't be easy)

14 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I may be wrong, but I’ve noticed a increase in football talent in the state of New York. It’s balanced out the decrease in basketball talent.