RG

Millenhater

10 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

There were 20 teams trying to sign him.

I didn't mean that in a bad way. I actually was trying to say how amazing that would be.. coming out of this draft with a starting RG without spending draft capital and big money

18 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I didn't mean that in a bad way. I actually was trying to say how amazing that would be.. coming out of this draft with a starting RG without spending draft capital and big money

Apologies. Not criticizing but simply adding to your commentary.

We see all these players get drafted yet the Lions sign the best run blocker as UDFA when over 20 teams were trying to sign him. 

I think its a huge plus, not only talent, but perception.

It wouldn’t shock me at all to see him as the starting RG by mid season.

6 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Apologies. Not criticizing but simply adding to your commentary.

We see all these players get drafted yet the Lions sign the best run blocker as UDFA when over 20 teams were trying to sign him. 

I think its a huge plus, not only talent, but perception.

It wouldn’t shock me at all to see him as the starting RG by mid season.

Yeah, it would be pretty incredible. Especially with a team like the Vikings taking 3 picks on OL in the draft to address their needs.

If I was down on it I think your commentary would be warranted when there's 20 other teams that want him. That says a lot. It does make me wonder why nobody chose to draft him. There was also the OT we guaranteed $140k as well. Aboushi is probably the day 1 guy but it'd be interesting to see if this guy can make an impact for us.

• Like 1

Benschawel was ranked the #126 overall prospect by Drafttek, ahead of at least 6 guards who got drafted. It's a very nice pickup.

I dont have any specific knowledge on why he went undrafted but it seems plausible that since Wisconsin has no passing game worth remarking on, pass blocking is probably a big weakness for him. But for the offensive changes the Lions want to make, he's a no brainer to bring in.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1