Great article on Myles Garrett

TeHDruiD

38 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Makes 100% sense because I was on record a few times complaining about his lack of pass rush moves last year, so this is encouraging to know he will come to the fight with more weapons.

Yup. It was enough to make based Garrett seem like he might not develop into being a true transcendent player, not just a Pro Bowl/borderline consistent All-Pro.

Not that Garrett has many faults, but his lack of different pass rushing moves is probably his biggest fault (that and him constantly jumping offsides). Sounds like it was maybe Gregg who was holding him back and not trying to get him to develop more pass rush moves. I appreciate what Gregg did as interim HC, but I don't think any of us should be surprised that he was potentially holding some talent back on defense.

Edited by DawgX

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

him constantly jumping offsides

I don't know that this is a "fault".  As he gets more experience with the QBs in the league, this will correct itself some.  Part of being an exceptional DE/Pass rusher is anticipating snap counts.    If he is getting constant pressure on QBs every series, and averages 3 off-sides a game, Im okay with it.  

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

I don't know that this is a "fault".  As he gets more experience with the QBs in the league, this will correct itself some.  Part of being an exceptional DE/Pass rusher is anticipating snap counts.    If he is getting constant pressure on QBs every series, and averages 3 off-sides a game, Im okay with it.  

I also don't know how many times he was actually off sides.  He got such a great jump he would get flagged for it a lot, but when watching in slow motion he was jumping after the ball started being snapped...

• Like 2