Final Cuts

ttitansfan4life

There were a couple surprising things there... The makeup of the team is certainly strange... 22 on O vs 28 on D.  Taking a STs LB instead of a STs WR makes sense (although its not an apple to apple comparison... One of the DBs will be the replacement gunner, not a LB).

If they are placing such a premium on STs, who goes inactive week 1. Do Fluellen and Douglas go inactive, leaving us only 2 HBs and 4 WRs? Probably an OL as well. But that still leaves 5 spots. Caraway for sure (the only reason they probably kept him is they believed he wouldn't make it to the PS without another team signing him). Who else... Its crazy that focusing so much on STs may leave us short at other positions if/when an injury hits (in-game).

I'm still confused to the ST aspect of things. Say Jackson struggles which he shouldn't but say anything happens and he has to miss a play im not happy about Douglas or Fluellen returning any kicks. 

Only 2 players really stand out as surprises to me who made the team Tye Smith and Curtis Riley. I like Riley but Sims Jackson Ryan McCain Reed an Drew Riley should be fine so why Tye Smith? I hope that if someone half decent was released that Smith is the first to go. 

I still would of liked Weems or McBride to have made the team. 

I guess we wait and see how the practice squad shakes out 

I'm looking at a 3rd down type back who can return if needed... someone like Rainey or Cadet... or  a WR who can return.  

I still think they try to sneak Carraway onto the PS once teams have set their own PSs (Titans can waive him, and pick him back up if he gets claimed).  I still don't think the numbers add up here... 6 spots for 2 positions... Walden could still be the odd man out if Carraway is kept on the roster all year.

Smith and Riley still aren't safe.  I like Riley, but if Reed can slide in to play S, he's on very shaky ground.  Maybe Smith sticks around... I think we need to take 6 CBs... I'll be honest that I don't know much about him, his upside, etc.  I still think they may look to upgrade if available.  

I think when it's all said and done, we'll be a little more balanced than 22/28 (even if it's only 23/27). 

1 hour ago, VY said:

With Decker and Davis banged up sure hope we stay healthy at the start. Johnnu Smith may get more play in 2 TE sets early on.

I said in the GDT he could play a big role in Week 1 with all the weapons we have and as talented as he is he could play a big role and have a good day

I was rooting for Tre to make the team and I'm glad to see him signing with the Bears

That said, at the end of the day he had three years to (do the clichè) and "give the coaches a reason to put him on the field." I'm going to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt here -- good player, good teammate and a great practice player, just likely not a contributor in the NFL.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I was rooting for Tre to make the team and I'm glad to see him signing with the Bears

That said, at the end of the day he had three years to (do the clichè) and "give the coaches a reason to put him on the field." I'm going to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt here -- good player, good teammate and a great practice player, just likely not a contributor in the NFL.

I think he is a 4th/5th receiver. I think he will have a Harry Douglas like career. He might have an out of no where good year, if playing time lines up right. But at most, he can be a 40 catch 600yard 3 TD guy. Again, I think this is best case scenario.

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think he is a 4th/5th receiver. I think he will have a Harry Douglas like career. He might have an out of no where good year, if playing time lines up right. But at most, he can be a 40 catch 600yard 3 TD guy. Again, I think this is best case scenario.

I think that's setting the bar a bit high for Tre and doesn't really respect the career Douglas has had. Douglas appeared in basically every game during his time in ATL and was even a spot-starter. Nobody ever confused him for a WR1 or even a real WR2, but certainly an "it could be worse" 3, imo.

Tre has been on teams with pretty weak WR talent since being here. He had every opportunity to show enough and apparently he didn't. I see more of a Lavelle Hawkins type career for him.

Archived