2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Giannis isn't going anywhere.  I'd be shocked as hell if he left Milwaukee.

I just don’t get how people can say this. Realistically with the Lopez and Middleton deals, that team is what it will be for the next 3-4 years. If they’re a routine first or second round exit and don’t go anywhere why would he stay? We’ve seen multiple dudes turn down the Super Max to go to bigger markets or better teams. I get Giannis is a humble dude but at some point he’s going to want to win, he’s a competitive dude. I just don’t think you can say this about any star on any team. 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Giannis isn't going anywhere.  I'd be shocked as hell if he left Milwaukee.

Why? I dont know the guy from Adam - so honest question.
I dont know how clubs will be set up next year....but what if either GS or the NYK come calling? Absolute no interest to move?

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Take the entire Lakers organization. Move them to Minnesota. They don’t get either of those players.

Take the Celtics organization and move them to Memphis.  They don't Kyrie or Kemba.  Your point makes zero sense.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why? I dont know the guy from Adam - so honest question.
I dont know how clubs will be set up next year....but what if either GS or the NYK come calling? Absolute no interest to move?

Because they're contenders.  They just had the best record in the league and lost in the eastern conference finals to the team that won the championship.  They're a contender to come out of the east next year, especially if Kawhi leaves Toronto.  I mean, it's not like the Bucks are a garbage team that's barely making the playoffs in the east.  Plus, I just think he'll stay sort of like Dame Lillard stayed in Portland.

Just now, showtime said:

Because they're contenders.  They just had the best record in the league and lost in the eastern conference finals to the team that won the championship.  They're a contender to come out of the east next year, especially if Kawhi leaves Toronto.  I mean, it's not like the Bucks are a garbage team that's barely making the playoffs in the east.  Plus, I just think he'll stay.

Oh agree. Garbage they're not. Was just wondering.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Take the Celtics organization and move them to Memphis.  They don't Kyrie or Kemba.  Your point makes zero sense.

Boston has never been a FA destination. They got Kemba because we’re a good organization and have been consistently winning.

LA has been arguably the worst run team in the league for the past 5 years. They only got Lebron because they’re in LA. The whole point is them getting Lebron doesn’t mean the front office did a good job, it means they were alive and handed him the contract.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Boston has never been a FA destination. They got Kemba because we’re a good organization and have been consistently winning.

LA has been arguably the worst run team in the league for the past 5 years. They only got Lebron because they’re in LA. The whole point is them getting Lebron doesn’t mean the front office did a good job, it means they were alive and handed him the contract.

If the Nets were still the New Jersey Nets instead of the Brooklyn Nets, do they still get Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant?

Homer alert but Giannis is the one marquee FA I have some confidence about Toronto signing. Masai Ujiri helped Giannis's parents emigrate from Nigeria to Greece, he tried like hell to acquire a 1st-round pick to draft him in 2015, they're positioned to have plenty of cap space in 2021, and Toronto is one of the world's most diverse cities and a place where Giannis would be a true global star. I'm not making any predictions, but a lot of Raptors fans have hope for the future based on him becoming a FA in 2021 regardless of what happens with Kawhi in the next few days.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

If the Nets were still the New Jersey Nets instead of the Brooklyn Nets, do they still get Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant?

Doubtful. Kyrie wanted to be in NY. If they were still in New Jersey I bet he would’ve ended up a Knick. 

Regardless, if you think getting Lebron had anything to do with anything other than them being the LA Lakers you’re a fool. 

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I just don’t get how people can say this. Realistically with the Lopez and Middleton deals, that team is what it will be for the next 3-4 years. If they’re a routine first or second round exit and don’t go anywhere why would he stay? We’ve seen multiple dudes turn down the Super Max to go to bigger markets or better teams. I get Giannis is a humble dude but at some point he’s going to want to win, he’s a competitive dude. I just don’t think you can say this about any star on any team. 

Why would they be a 1st-2nd round exit? They made the Conference Finals in their first year in a new system, brought virtually everyone back and the East is not better next year. If Kawhi leaves they are the heavy favorites to win the East next year. Imagine if Giannis improves.

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Doubtful. Kyrie wanted to be in NY. If they were still in New Jersey I bet he would’ve ended up a Knick. 

Regardless, if you think getting Lebron had anything to do with anything other than them being the LA Lakers you’re a fool. 

The Clippers are in LA, too.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Clippers are in LA, too.

lol so obtuse. The Clippers have one of the saddest histories in the NBA. The Lakers are that team, the team guys grow up wanting to be apart of. They could have a bottled fart as a GM and Lebron would’ve gone there.

You can use Lebron as justification for that front office if you want, but we’re all laughing at you not with you. 

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Why would they be a 1st-2nd round exit? They made the Conference Finals in their first year in a new system, brought virtually everyone back and the East is not better next year. If Kawhi leaves they are the heavy favorites to win the East next year. Imagine if Giannis improves.

Brogdon was arguably their second best player and he’s gone. They didn’t bring virtually everyone back. I’m just saying, you can’t just say Giannis is never leaving. So many things change yearly in this league. I think it’d be awesome if Giannis stayed there, it’d be great for Milwaukee and the league. I’m not even saying I think he’ll leave, I’m just saying it’s naive to act like it has no chance of happening.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol so obtuse. The Clippers have one of the saddest histories in the NBA. The Lakers are that team, the team guys grow up wanting to be apart of. They could have a bottled fart as a GM and Lebron would’ve gone there.

You can use Lebron as justification for that front office if you want, but we’re all laughing at you not with you. 

But you just said the Lakers have been arguably the worst run team over the last 6-7 years.  No playoff appearances and a dysfunctional front office.  Over that same time span, the Clippers have been a yearly playoff team, have a significantly better coach and worlds better front office/ownership.  The Clippers are based in Los Angeles and play in the same arena as the Lakers.

Archived