2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

False. The league won’t just allow the Lakers to keep 20% of the league in a stand still. Lakers won’t be allowed to cancel the deal nor would they want to, and the league isn’t going to let them just hold everything up. The Lakers will need to convince every other team to delay the trade past tomorrow (won’t happen) or it will happen. 

If Kawhi doesn’t decide tomorrow, he ain’t a Laker

False what? There is nothing false with what I said. If the Lakers don't go with the trade tomorrow then those teams just have to wait. What are the Pelicans going to do? Cancel the deal and start over? Again, too many moving parts for anyone to go back. If the deal needs to be extended another day then it will. Anything longer than that? Obviously it becomes an issue… But a different type of an issue, an ethical issue. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And what are those teams going to do if the Lakers don't process the trade tomorrow? They really can't do anything. Hence, this is more of an ethical issue than anything else. There are so many moving parts that there is no going back. Those teams are at the mercy of the Lakers. However, I expect everyone to agree to push it one more day and then go from there. 

Pretty sure Woj said they agreed to do the deal on the 6th if they traded the 4th pick. I guess the Lakers didn't think Kawhi would still be a FA tho lol

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Pretty sure Woj said they agreed to do the deal on the 6th if they traded the 4th pick. I guess the Lakers didn't think Kawhi would still be a FA tho lol

I know they agreed for the 6th, but what I'm saying is if the Lakers want to push it back another day? Nothing is stopping them from doing that. It would make the FO look shady and unethical for going against their original agreement, but the deal has to happen with all the deals that happened afterwards. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know they agreed for the 6th, but what I'm saying is if the Lakers want to push it back another day? Nothing is stopping them from doing that. It would make the FO look shady and unethical for going against their original agreement, but the deal has to happen with all the deals that happened afterwards. 

The NBA isn’t going to just let the Lakers push the deal back. It’s not just the Pelicans. 6 or 7 teams can’t finalize moves because of this deal, you think the NBA is just going to let that happen? lol

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The NBA isn’t going to just let the Lakers push the deal back. It’s not just the Pelicans. 6 or 7 teams can’t finalize moves because of this deal, you think the NBA is just going to let that happen? lol

What is the NBA going to do? They can't do anything here lol. 

Trust that it makes the Lakers FO look completely shady, but that's about it. I mean realistically, those teams may be fine with it being pushed back one day if Kawhi still hasn't made a decision, but after that? They will be wanting it done ASAP. 

But if Kawhi still doesn't make a decision by tomorrow and even if the teams grant the Lakers an extra day? Good chance they move on by then to filling their roster without Kawhi. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What is the NBA going to do? They can't do anything here lol. 

Trust that it makes the Lakers FO look completely shady, but that's about it. I mean realistically, those teams may be fine with it being pushed back one day if Kawhi still hasn't made a decision, but after that? They will be wanting it done ASAP. 

But if Kawhi still doesn't make a decision by tomorrow and even if the teams grant the Lakers an extra day? Good chance they move on by then to filling their roster without Kawhi. 

If the 8 other teams are demanding it be pushed through, why exactly could LA just decide not to? I legit can’t see the league not pushing the trade through. 

Pelinka would be the biggest joke in the NBA if they actually just burned 8 other teams like that lol

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

If the 8 other teams are demanding it be pushed through, why exactly could LA just decide not to? I legit can’t see the league not pushing the trade through. 

Pelinka would be the biggest joke in the NBA if they actually just burned 8 other teams like that lol

Nothing in these deal was done in written agreement. It can't be until tomorrow. This is the same reason free agents are technically able to "agree" to deals and then back out. And if the Lakers don't agree to the deal? Everything else is irrelevant since the proceeding deals can't take place. 

But again, it would make the Lakers look BAAAAAADDDDD if they delayed the deal without the other teams agreeing to do so. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i dont see why fans are so eager on kawhi's decision. after he signs, nothing happens in basketball until october lol 

To me, let the man take as much time as he needs to make his decision. He's making a life altering decision if he commits to four years with a team. And for those that say it hurts their team (Lakers) since they lose the max spot if he doesn't sign tomorrow? To that I say he and his team are well aware of that and they probably don't intend to sign with the Lakers lol. 

Another reason fans are eager for his decision? Because it impacts the rest of the league where he chooses to play at. Goes to the Lakers? They become huge favorites and will be a dynasty if they stay healthy. Goes to the Clippers or Raptors? Then the league becomes WIDE open and you have almost 8-10 teams with legitimate shots at winning the title next season. 

Archived