Are we really as bad as people think?

BZski

On 5/26/2019 at 8:47 AM, SimbaWho said:

When has Stafford been clutch in your opinion? What game did you see him just dominate and say yeah, that's what we need in Cousins. Especially this season. 

Curious because outside of whoopin on stinkers I can't think of one time when Stafford was "clutch" and his play resulted in a huge much needed win. Infact I think every time we need wins we've lost and he's been a bit of the reason why(not making plays.

The 4th quarter come backs after being down double digits and teams playing prevent don't really count. It's why he's called Statthew Padford around here. 

*Now I'm not calling him the worst QB, but clutch?  Clutch? I think he's an above average QB that needs protection to make plays, but I don't think he's a clutch player that makes things happen out of thin air and makes lesser players better/raise their game. 

I loved that play he made down at the goal line in a game when the clock was running out.  He signals for all the players to get up to the line so he could spike the ball.  Everybody in the stadium thought that was what he was going to do.  Instead of doing that though, he fakes the spike and jumps over the line and reaches the ball over the goal line for the TD.  That's the play that I remember most about Stafford's career so far.  I don't know who you were playing at the time, or even if you won the game, but I was really impressed by Stafford's cool under pressure demeanor on that play.  I like the guy.  Just put a good team around the guy and he could do big things.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, Uncle Buck said:

I loved that play he made down at the goal line in a game when the clock was running out.  He signals for all the players to get up to the line so he could spike the ball.  Everybody in the stadium thought that was what he was going to do.  Instead of doing that though, he fakes the spike and jumps over the line and reaches the ball over the goal line for the TD.  That's the play that I remember most about Stafford's career so far.  I don't know who you were playing at the time, or even if you won the game, but I was really impressed by Stafford's cool under pressure demeanor on that play.  I like the guy.  Just put a good team around the guy and he could do big things.

That was against the Cowboys when they were down 3 scores I believe. They were catapulted by some turnovers by the defense, but Stafford absolutely commanded the offense down the field and made a great call on that. No one expected it, not even the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 9:47 AM, SimbaWho said:

When has Stafford been clutch in your opinion? What game did you see him just dominate and say yeah, that's what we need in Cousins. Especially this season. 

Curious because outside of whoopin on stinkers I can't think of one time when Stafford was "clutch" and his play resulted in a huge much needed win. Infact I think every time we need wins we've lost and he's been a bit of the reason why(not making plays.

The 4th quarter come backs after being down double digits and teams playing prevent don't really count. It's why he's called Statthew Padford around here. 

*Now I'm not calling him the worst QB, but clutch?  Clutch? I think he's an above average QB that needs protection to make plays, but I don't think he's a clutch player that makes things happen out of thin air and makes lesser players better/raise their game. 

This post is riddled with inaccuracies 

• Like 1