2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
8 hours ago, JBURGE said:

This is such a sad take. Draymond can't handle his temper, that's his and the Warriors problem. There are penalties in every sport for it.

The penalty is a technical and the free throw. That plus ejecting guys after two is enough of a deterrent. The suspension rule is moronic. There's no justification for it. 

I disagree. In a 7 game series, 1the rest of the current game isn't enough 

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I disagree. In a 7 game series, 1the rest of the current game isn't enough 

LOL. You think a suspension is appropriate in a 7 game series because a guy got too animated? That's so ridiculous. A suspension can literally change a series. It should be reserved for something serious, like fighting. It should not be reserved for whining about foul calls. An ejection after two is more than enough. 

What other sport suspends players for whining to the refs? At most, guys are ejected.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's fine, but it's the rule. The Warriors and Draymond are well aware of it and have been for years. Suggesting they should boycott if Draymond can't stop complaining all the time is even more childish than Draymond already acts on the court.

It's a dumb rule, and I would absolutely make a stand if that scenario played out. Technical fouls are completely arbitrary. Guarantee you that the NBA would blink first.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. You think a suspension is appropriate in a 7 game series because a guy got too animated? That's so ridiculous. A suspension can literally change a series. It should be reserved for something serious, like fighting. It should not be reserved for whining about foul calls. An ejection after two is more than enough. 

What other sport suspends players for whining to the refs? At most, guys are ejected.

Whining about calls and being disrespectful and abusive towards refs are different things. Yes, I think suspensions should happen IF the player gets the ridiculous amount of tech's that Draymond has gotten. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Whining about calls and being disrespectful and abusive towards refs are different things. Yes, I think suspensions should happen IF the player gets the ridiculous amount of tech's that Draymond has gotten. 

The refs are compensated plenty well. They can take a little "disrespect." Being abusive will get you tossed. That's enough of a deterrent. Name another sport that suspends guys for complaining to the refs. It's a dumb rule. 

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The refs are compensated plenty well. They can take a little "disrespect." Being abusive will get you tossed. That's enough of a deterrent. Name another sport that suspends guys for complaining to the refs. It's a dumb rule. 

Tennis

Football

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Tennis

Football

Football? What? When?

Ejections in game in single elimination events is more impactful than a 1 game suspension in a 7 game series

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Ejections in game in single elimination events is more impactful than a 1 game suspension in a 7 game series

LOL. Stop. I asked for suspensions, not ejections. You already get ejected if you get two technical fouls. And NBA refs are much quicker on the trigger than NFL refs. You're only making a case for why the rule doesn't make sense. An ejection is plenty appropriate. A suspension is not.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. Stop. I asked for suspensions, not ejections. You already get ejected if you get two technical fouls. And NBA refs are much quicker on the trigger than NFL refs. You're only making a case for why the rule doesn't make sense. An ejection is plenty appropriate. A suspension is not.

And my argument was that an in game ejection is NOT enough in a 7 game series, which is what I said at the start. We can agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there's players who haven't gotten a technical over their entire career. if you get 7 in a single playoffs I don't think you have much to complain about 

A bad rule is a bad rule. That's not a justification for it.

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

And my argument was that an in game ejection is NOT enough in a 7 game series, which is what I said at the start. We can agree to disagree. 

Why isn't it enough? What competitive advantage is there from Draymond being whiny girl? How is that advantage not outweighed by a free throw or by an ejection?

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

in order to be ejected from a playoff game in the NFL you have to basically hit an official. In the NBA you can get a tech for basically anything. Its arbitrary and changes every game with every official.

Hell, Klay got a tech for passing the ball to the ref, who then turned around and got hit in the back with the ball. I mean, do we really think that something like that warrants a suspension if it happens to Draymond next game??

It is more 'impactful' to get ejected in a one game elimination scenario, but that doesn't mean that this is a bad rule. 

Archived