What to do after selling out. (Keeper league advice)

Hockey5djh

So....the short story is that my team is that I won the championship last year. Fast forward to this year....I have to deal with the aftermath of selling out.

League set up: 2 keepers, no penalty, can be kept for up to 3 years.

Scoring set-up: Standard QB friendly scoring (6 pt TDs/2 point INTs), and a bonus structure (WR/RB extra points at 100, 150, and 200 yards, QB bonus at 300, 350, and 400 yards)

I am missing picks in the first, 3rd, and 4th round.

My potential keepers are: QBs Rodgers (Kept once) and Wilson, WRs Michael Thomas (Kept twice), Davante Adams, Mike Evans, RBs Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, TE Travis Kelce

Two questions: Who would you keep? Who would you target in the 2nd and 5th rounds that have high upside starter numbers that you don't think the risk is that high?

I'm trying to avoid running a 5k for coming in last this year!

My initial thoughts on Keepers were Rodgers and Kelce.

Rodgers coming off and injury and being banged up most of the year still put up the #8 fantasy numbers in the league last year. While I don't think anyone touches what Mahomes did, Rodgers to me is the best bet.

Kelce to me is a weekly advantage with how awful the TE depth is the short list is Kelce, Ertz, and Kittle and Ertz was kept last year (assuming he will be again) With a lack of picks in the early rounds I want to secure that advantage.

As far as my second round pick I was looking for the highest upside starting RB which probably falls in the Sony Michel, Josh Jacobs, Kerryon Johnson range.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

My initial thoughts on Keepers were Rodgers and Kelce.

Rodgers coming off and injury and being banged up most of the year still put up the #8 fantasy numbers in the league last year. While I don't think anyone touches what Mahomes did, Rodgers to me is the best bet.

Kelce to me is a weekly advantage with how awful the TE depth is the short list is Kelce, Ertz, and Kittle and Ertz was kept last year (assuming he will be again) With a lack of picks in the early rounds I want to secure that advantage.

As far as my second round pick I was looking for the highest upside starting RB which probably falls in the Sony Michel, Josh Jacobs, Kerryon Johnson range.

Adams and Mixon for me, and not particularly difficult

• Like 1

Do a combo of Adams/Gordon/Mixon.

Let's assume the top 24 players are off the board before the draft starts. Some guys that are in the 40ish pick range that I really like include Fournette/Green/Edelman. In the 5th round you could see if a player like Boyd is there. If you went 

Gordon, Fournette

Adams, Boyd

I think you'd have a solid start to the year. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

Adams and Mixon for me, and not particularly difficult

4 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Do a combo of Adams/Gordon/Mixon. 

Not even a thought on Kelce at all?

Or is that a luxury you don't think I can afford?

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Not even a thought on Kelce at all?

Or is that a luxury you don't think I can afford?

No thought to Kelce because I think that you can just grab a random TE and take the hit on it. It all depends on how well you think you can draft players. If you really believe in yourself then take Kelce and a RB. 

On 6/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, Hockey5djh said:

So....the short story is that my team is that I won the championship last year. Fast forward to this year....I have to deal with the aftermath of selling out.

League set up: 2 keepers, no penalty, can be kept for up to 3 years.

Scoring set-up: Standard QB friendly scoring (6 pt TDs/2 point INTs), and a bonus structure (WR/RB extra points at 100, 150, and 200 yards, QB bonus at 300, 350, and 400 yards)

I am missing picks in the first, 3rd, and 4th round.

My potential keepers are: QBs Rodgers (Kept once) and Wilson, WRs Michael Thomas (Kept twice), Davante Adams, Mike Evans, RBs Melvin GordonJoe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, TE Travis Kelce

Two questions: Who would you keep? Who would you target in the 2nd and 5th rounds that have high upside starter numbers that you don't think the risk is that high?

I'm trying to avoid running a 5k for coming in last this year!

I think any combo of Thomas / Adams / Gordon / Mixon. Can't go wrong with either WR. Then I'd probably lean Gordon over Mixon but it's close.

Using ADP, in the Second Round, you're looking at one of these probably available:

TY Hilton
Pat Mahomes
Derrick Henry
Devonta Freeman
Adam Thielen
Aaron Jones
Josh Jacobs
Keenan Allen
Zach Ertz
Amari Cooper

Fifth Round hopefully one of these:

Derrius Guice
Chris Godwin
Tyler Lockett
Calvin Ridley
Deshaun Watson
Tarik Cohen
Baker Mayfield
Eric Ebron
Lamar Miller
Tevin Coleman

So, I would go Davante Adams, Melvin Gordon and then target a WR in the 2nd and a RB in the 5th. Then grab a QB that falls in the 6th.

Adams / Hilton
Gordon / Guice doesn't look half bad.

10 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I think any combo of Thomas / Adams / Gordon / Mixon. Can't go wrong with either WR. Then I'd probably lean Gordon over Mixon but it's close.

Using ADP, in the Second Round, you're looking at one of these probably available:

Fifth Round hopefully one of these:

So, I would go Davante Adams, Melvin Gordon and then target a WR in the 2nd and a RB in the 5th. Then grab a QB that falls in the 6th.

Adams / Hilton
Gordon / Guice doesn't look half bad.

Man I wish it looked that pretty. Once you factor in the keepers (for this purpose we'll just get rid of the top 20) the second round ADP is Edelman, Cooks, Golliday at WR and Ingram, Drake, Carson at RB. The 5th round gets worse with Robby Anderson, Allen Robinson, and Will fuller at WR and Lamar Miller, Miles Sanders, and Jordan Howard being the top RBs.

14 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

No thought to Kelce because I think that you can just grab a random TE and take the hit on it. It all depends on how well you think you can draft players. If you really believe in yourself then take Kelce and a RB. 

Looking at it more I think this might be the better plan.

Take a Cooks/Golladay in the 2nd, maybe take a flier on Tyreek in the 5th if he falls, Patch together RB2 with something like the Philly RB committee of the Cleveland RB duo. Looking at QB I could get a Wentz/Brees/Rivers in the later rounds.

17 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I wouldnt grab Tyreek for a few reasons from this tweet thread:

and if you’re targeting later RBs. Lamar Miller is the RB2 that just might be there.

I'll have to check that out when I'm not at work (aka can see twitter). I'm throwing it out there in June....we'll know more in a couple months when the fantasy draft season comes around.