Rams @ 49ers 12/22

MookieMonstah

Hey guys,

My brother is stationed at Travis AFB near San Fransisco, I'll be visiting him near the end of December and we're hoping to catch the Rams @ 49ers game while I'm in the area. Do you guys know why all the ticket sites have the game as TBD? ESPN has it on 12/22 but I'm assuming it could be flexed into a primetime game and thats why its not finalized? Just wondering if any of you guys knew, also do you guys have any suggestions for things to do in the area on game day or some tips on seeing a game here?

Preciate ya

I've read that the game could either be played on 12/21 at night or 12/22. No idea why they havent set the date yet, or when they will. 

If it is played in the afternoon on 12/22, then be sure to bring a hat and sunglasses to the game. It can get very HOT and the sun is brutal. Make sure you wear RED and yell your *** off everytime the Lambs have the ball. I have some other specific gameday instructions I could share with you. PM me for more details.

As far as what to do in the wonderful city of San Francisco, that really depends on what you are into. I have a lot of different things I could recommend depending on how long you are in town. Keep in mind that Santa Clara is roughly 1 hour away from the actual city of San Francisco, so you might actually only be in the city for one day (saturday). Not sure how old you are or what you are into, so if you give me direction on that sort of thing, I can help you out. 

I gave some tips to @TheVillain112 last year, Id be interested to hear how his trip went, but here is what I told him:

You should look into the Union Square area as well. That is where my girlfriend's brother came and stayed when he visited and there is a lot going on there and its very walkable (no hills lol) 

I always drive to Levis.. Caltrains to the VTA does seem like it would make some sense. The first year levis was open we talked about doing that, but the VTA always seemed packed leaving the game so we never bothered. Levis security takes roughly 25 minutes to get through FYI, so try to get there very early if you can. If you are on the east side of the stadium (on the opposite side from the boxes) then you WILL NEED A HAT AND SUNGLASSES. The sun is brutal, although it might be fine by halftime (this was a Monday night game, so same applies if the game is on Saturday night, the sun will still be up in the first half and it will be right in your eyes if you are on the east side of the stadium - which is the side with more seats)

As far as other activities in the city , it really depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

Dolores park on a sunny day in the city is always a good time. There are a lot of people sitting on the grass drinking beer etc. Very good views of the city, great place to have a picnic. El Techo (lolirita) is a place in the mission with iconic views of the city. amazing food, amazing drinks, pretty expensive and sometimes a little bit of a wait. If you get there right when they open again for dinner at 5ish though you can get in easily. Its pretty close to dolores park too that could be a good follow up on Saturday.. Dolores park around 12-1 then take a 5 min lyft to El Techo for an early ish dinner an cocktails.. did I mention they have really incredible drinks and the absolute best view of the city? 

If you are looking for a cheap place to try a lot of California beers that are hard to find, I recommend Toronado and/or Rosamundes. Rosamundes has super good sausages and $5-6 beer. They always always have Pliny the Elder on tap which is like a unicorn around here. The one in the mission (24th and mission) has better food, but its not right next to Toronado, which is probably the best place to go get beer if you really like beer. Unparalleled selection of craft beers that are only $5 

There are a ton of good EDM shows in the city.. not sure if that's what you are into but this place is a house hotbed www.westcoastedm.com has every EDM show going on in the city arranged by date

If the weather is nice you can always go on a hike through Golden Gate Park. The natural history museum is excellent and is located in the park. My personal favorite park in the city is Buena Vista Park, but golden gate is bigger and there are more places to explore. 

I also recommend the Exploratorium, its similar to the Boston Science museum except its more interactive. Lots of cool things to play with. https://www.exploratorium.edu/ 

You could also go up to Coit tower for truly spectacular views of the bay.. 

If you give me an idea of what you want to do I could probably add to the list

• Like 1

Oh, and **** the lambs. Sean McVay is overrated, Jared Goff is a soft *** b**** and basically Sam Bradford 2.0, my grandma has better knees than Todd Gurley. Talib and peters are punks who are going to get picked apart by Garoppolo and Wade Phillips is going to think about retiring after THE REAL offensive mastermind picks him apart (again). Robert woods is JAG and everyone on their team will have an 'off' year, and it will take people a few years before they realize that this is just who the rams are, and that the first two years were an aberration/mirage. 

The only ring McVay is going to get this year is on the finger of his future ex-wife.

Can you tell that I freaking hate LA? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Oh, and **** the lambs. Sean McVay is overrated, Jared Goff is a soft *** b**** and basically Sam Bradford 2.0, my grandma has better knees than Todd Gurley. Talib and peters are punks who are going to get picked apart by Garoppolo and Wade Phillips is going to think about retiring after THE REAL offensive mastermind picks him apart (again). Robert woods is JAG and everyone on their team will have an 'off' year, and it will take people a few years before they realize that this is just who the rams are, and that the first two years were an aberration/mirage. 

The only ring McVay is going to get this year is on the finger of his future ex-wife.

Can you tell that I freaking hate LA? 

@N4LEat a snickers, you get REALLY MAD when you are hungry.xD

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 1:49 AM, N4L said:

I've read that the game could either be played on 12/21 at night or 12/22. No idea why they havent set the date yet, or when they will. 

If it is played in the afternoon on 12/22, then be sure to bring a hat and sunglasses to the game. It can get very HOT and the sun is brutal. Make sure you wear RED and yell your *** off everytime the Lambs have the ball. I have some other specific gameday instructions I could share with you. PM me for more details.

As far as what to do in the wonderful city of San Francisco, that really depends on what you are into. I have a lot of different things I could recommend depending on how long you are in town. Keep in mind that Santa Clara is roughly 1 hour away from the actual city of San Francisco, so you might actually only be in the city for one day (saturday). Not sure how old you are or what you are into, so if you give me direction on that sort of thing, I can help you out. 

I gave some tips to @TheVillain112 last year, Id be interested to hear how his trip went, but here is what I told him:

Thanks boss! I'll hit you with a PM in a second

• Like 1