2019 Fantasy "MY GUYS"

Dr LBC

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He could but Mike is much more talented than Tyrell. He could still get 900-8. Plus its tough to fully trust Allen to be healthy 

Yeah, I'm expecting some TD regression from Williams (because Henry's back... and Philip does love him some TE in the red zone), but Philip has also shown to love him the deep fade to the tall WR (re: Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd) and Williams is the only guy on the roster with any meaningful reps under his belt that meets that qualification.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Admittedly, my faith in him is more in the coaching staff/system's track record and that (injuries aside) his path to a heavy glut of the touches (I'll prioritize touches - bites of the apple - when it comes to RB's) is very much there.  On paper, this would seem really similar to Damian Williams except that where Williams doesn't have the injury history, he does have Carlos Hyde breathing down his neck and, IMO, a threat to vulture touches away.

Carlos Hyde is AWFUL and is no threat to anyone. 

I do agree that touches are a huge factor for me as well. Low touch/high yards per touch guys worry me

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Carlos Hyde is AWFUL and is no threat to anyone. 

I do agree that touches are a huge factor for me as well. Low touch/high yards per touch guys worry me

You're guilty of judging him largely off what he did on your Jags team with an already crotched-up OL at the time.  He's been productive everywhere else he's been that's actually given him the snaps to get into a game (even going back to his time at OSU, he's the type of player that's like a fighter who needs to get punched in the face a couple times before he really gets into a fight).  He's not special, but he's very much capable of being productive - particularly in Reid'se which fits him better than any he's been in since Chip's.  I'm certainly not advocating drafting Hyde, but he's someone that, if Williams stumbles out the gate or gets nicked up, I'm happily burning my waiver priority or a healthy chunk of FAAB on because with teams having to keep safeties mindful of Hill and Kelce and with LB's having to spy Mahomes as well, his ability to break first contact could see him comfortably put up RB2 numbers rest of season from wherever he were to take over.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You're guilty of judging him largely off what he did on your Jags team with an already crotched-up OL at the time.  He's been productive everywhere else he's been that's actually given him the snaps to get into a game (even going back to his time at OSU, he's the type of player that's like a fighter who needs to get punched in the face a couple times before he really gets into a fight).  He's not special, but he's very much capable of being productive - particularly in Reid'se which fits him better than any he's been in since Chip's.  I'm certainly not advocating drafting Hyde, but he's someone that, if Williams stumbles out the gate or gets nicked up, I'm happily burning my waiver priority or a healthy chunk of FAAB on because with teams having to keep safeties mindful of Hill and Kelce and with LB's having to spy Mahomes as well, his ability to break first contact could see him comfortably put up RB2 numbers rest of season from wherever he were to take over.

You're not wrong that I'm judging him in part with how terrible he was for us but he was equally as terrible for Cleveland where he got twice as many carries but Nick Chubb had no problem with the same line

Hyde had 114 carries for 3.4 yards a carry for them too. I know that's not a lot but he has no 2nd gear at all. He's like Brandon Jacobs after he started getting hurt. He's a big dude that will get hit early but isn't powerful enough to break a ton of tackles

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You're not wrong that I'm judging him in part with how terrible he was for us but he was equally as terrible for Cleveland where he got twice as many carries but Nick Chubb had no problem with the same line

Hyde had 114 carries for 3.4 yards a carry for them too. I know that's not a lot but he has no 2nd gear at all. He's like Brandon Jacobs after he started getting hurt. He's a big dude that will get hit early but isn't powerful enough to break a ton of tackles

There is context to be considered in his time in Cleveland, though.  Chubb's early success came largely on the back of two monster runs he broke off against the Raiders, otherwise his YPC under Hue was pretty darn similar to Hyde's.  Hyde didn't get much, if any, run-out in the post-Hue era in Cleveland, when, you know, the offense because way less ultra-predictable.

3 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Really like Greg Olsen late this year. Cam loves the man; I think he's being forgotten about due to missing so much time lately. I'm totally fine waiting on TE and grabbing two of Graham, Reed, and Olsen late. 

Thats not a bad strategy. Olsen and Reed have Top-5 potential if they can stay healthy

On 7/23/2019 at 5:34 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats not a bad strategy. Olsen and Reed have Top-5 potential if they can stay healthy

Those are two guys you don’t wanna have to rely on.  That phrase is uttered every year but the IF isn’t really an if so much as a when.  Injuries just find these guys.  Shame too because they have too end talent.  Reed was finally staying healthy last year but once your down to 3rd string quarterbacks and guys off the street, you can forget about production.