The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

No but if Machado doesn't cost you Hiura, Peralta or Burnes that's a move Stearns almost is forced to make. After last year if the fan base heard he wasn't in to the end with them looking for that return the uproar would be costly as far as ticket sales IMO.

Exactly. I'm not saying "don't trade for Machado." I'm saying "don't trade Burnes or Hiura for Machado."

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

Of course. If the offer Rosenthal mentioned (two biggest pieces are Ortiz and Phillips) gets it done, none of us are going to be complaining.

Even if it's more, like Erceg, Ray, Lutz, Carmona (not all in the same deal but they could ask for any with those other 2) you've gotta do it IMO. Those 3 are the only off limits.

Even if it's more, like Erceg, Ray, Lutz, Carmona (not all in the same deal but they could ask for any with those other 2) you've gotta do it IMO. Those 3 are the only off limits.

I'm willing to bet it's 4 guys off limits (Hiura, Burnes, Peralta, Lutz). The rest is fair game.

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

Dont be confused. Its just two different opinions. Im telling you, if stearns thinks we can get a chip this year, nothing is off the table. Just watch!!! Stop confusing yourself!!! ? 

And we're telling you nothing about what David Stearns has ever done supports that theory.

I will probably be able to accept any deal that doesn't include those three. Of all the names floated around, honestly, trading away Arcia would probably hurt me the most (I still have hope, and the idea of getting Machado and letting Arcia spend the rest of the season trying to figure things out in CS works out nicely). But yeah, if the package is Ortiz/Phillips/another prospect or a guy like Santana or Keon, I'm not going to complain.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Exactly. I'm not saying "don't trade for Machado." I'm saying "don't trade Burnes or Hiura for Machado."

I think it was either Chuck and winkler or bill Michaels that said we have had so many big name prospects that Everyone loves and gets attached to that never do anything on the mlb level, but we will cut guys like scooter G or find guys like aguilar. I cant recall any brewer prospect we dealt for a player that made me regret anything. Cc sabathia, greinke... who else? Maybe Cain? And hes back in town

1 minute ago, packerbacker87 said:

I think it was either Chuck and winkler or bill Michaels that said we have had so many big name prospects that Everyone loves and gets attached to that never do anything on the mlb level, but we will cut guys like scooter G or find guys like aguilar. I cant recall any brewer prospect we dealt for a player that made me regret anything. Cc sabathia, greinke... who else? Maybe Cain? And hes back in town

I'd do the CC and Grienke deals over but Escobar, Cain and Brantley all turned out to be really good players. All Star Mitch Haniger got us Gerardo Parra.