The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Evidently he was starting to have issues down the stretch last year.  Why in the hell wasn't this addressed in the offseason??  😒

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Tyler Black apparently getting the call

And we sit him vs a lefty for Gary Sanchez because why the **** not, right? Nothing is more on brand than that. 

God, I hate this franchise some times. Play your studs, not everything needs to be a ******* platoon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting Chourio 4x in 8 games for Jake ******* Bauers in favor of R/L splits when Chourio hits RHP better than Bauers does is just beyond overmanaging and does Chourio no favors. I hate being a fan of this team with how we handle our prospects. It's no wonder they all have their growth stunted at the major league level these days when we continue to play **** like Jake Bauers, Oliver Dunn and Blake Perkins over them.

• 1 month later...

We traded for Dallas Keuchel. We're really just gonna keep trying to ragtag this rotation, aren't we, rather than make a push for any true cost controlled pitching? Imagine thinking Peralta, Rea, Wilson, Myers, Keuchel/Rodriguez/Ross/Junis is gonna get it done lol.

30 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We traded for Dallas Keuchel. We're really just gonna keep trying to ragtag this rotation, aren't we, rather than make a push for any true cost controlled pitching? Imagine thinking Peralta, Rea, Wilson, Myers, Keuchel/Rodriguez/Ross/Junis is gonna get it done lol.

I actually had to stop and think for a second. Is that who I think he is? I thought he was out of the league.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 8:03 PM, beekay414 said:

Civale is a good move but we need to keep adding arms. Rea, Myers and Keuchel ain't gonna get it done.

Patience, this core with this FO actually has a shot, but next year is the year to push some chips in. If you can get more pitching for 18 year old 20th ranked prospects, sure. Otherwise next year you'll have Black and Misiorowski up and really only lose Adames. It's a lot like the Packers last year, you weren't supposed to be this far along, just ride it out with what youve got and be patient.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Patience, this core with this FO actually has a shot, but next year is the year to push some chips in. If you can get more pitching for 18 year old 20th ranked prospects, sure. Otherwise next year you'll have Black and Misiorowski up and really only lose Adames. It's a lot like the Packers last year, you weren't supposed to be this far along, just ride it out with what youve got and be patient.

Thus why I want to trade for pitching with control. We have a glut of OF prospects. Use them. We have pitching depth in the minors as well. Use the depth to make it happen. No reason to waste a year in baseball, unlike the NFL. Getting in the dance, anything can happen in baseball. I'm not saying purge the farm to do it, just make a shrewd move or two and get the right arms to make a push, not this dumpster dive rotation that we have now. 

Posted (edited)

Use one of Mitchell or Frelick to go get another arm, since we love Perkins so much and you've got Wiemer as insurance in the minors as a potential 4th OF in the future. Brewer Hicklen is a fun potential 4th/5th OF too that we got for free.

I'd use Ashby too. Use Rodriguez, use Blalock, use Woessner, use Shook, use any of the guys in Appleton that might be peaking a bit. We have the ammo.

Use EBJ since we have Pratt and Bitonti in the system. Use our damn depth.

Edited by beekay414