The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

On 1/12/2024 at 5:09 PM, beekay414 said:

There's no way we settled with Corbin with the intent of paying him that money lol

Well I was wrong. We signed Hoskins. We're gonna half *** try to win and get nothing but a comp pick for Burnes lol. 

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Well I was wrong. We signed Hoskins. We're gonna half *** try to win and get nothing but a comp pick for Burnes lol. 

The new Herb Kohl Bucks.

At least the Packers, Bucks and Badgers seem to have management that want to compete for titles.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The new Herb Kohl Bucks.

At least the Packers, Bucks and Badgers seem to have management that want to compete for titles.

I just think Attanasio is prepping to sell. He doesn't give a **** about what happens post Burnes. He wants to push the revenue as high as possible to cook the books and sell at peak value with the new stadium deal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope we parlay this into an Adames trade as well so it clears the SS spot for Ortiz. Certainly not a huge haul, but DL looks like the kind of arm that the pitching lab drools over, Ortiz can be the SS and we get essentially a tail end first rounder that also will add to the bonus pool. Better than finishing as a wild card and getting just a comp pick.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hope we parlay this into an Adames trade as well so it clears the SS spot for Ortiz. Certainly not a huge haul, but DL looks like the kind of arm that the pitching lab drools over, Ortiz can be the SS and we get essentially a tail end first rounder that also will add to the bonus pool. Better than finishing as a wild card and getting just a comp pick.

It's underwhelming but it's whatever. Ortiz needs to hit for some pop. He has high exit velos but doesn't lift the baseball and he's a great SS in the field. Hall has electric stuff but the control of a sex addict in a room full of naked women. We'll see what happens.

I don’t hate the deal, it needed to happen but still sad because realizing what we could’ve had as a team a few years ago is extremely disheartening. 
A deal had to happen as there was no chance burnes would’ve resigned but I’m still pissed off that we fought him in arb 2 years ago after his cy year for a few hundred k. This team will never go anywhere with mark, and it’s disappointing. 

I agree on trading willy, great clubhouse guy but he does more damage then good. but then again, looking at his WAR…