The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Should tell you everything you need to know about the direction of the organization. Stearns quit and dipped out first chance he got and CC went to that team. Attanasio is a plague. Dude is going to pinch as much he can while pretending to compete until the ballpark is updated, then he's going to sell. 

I mean in no way, shape or form is CC worthy of being the highest paid manager of all time.

He chased money and got it.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I mean in no way, shape or form is CC worthy of being the highest paid manager of all time.

He chased money and got it.

He chased it and pretended to do it for the betterment of other managers to boot. Continually used "reset the market" through social media mouthpieces until it became verbal diarrhea. Stole another man's job too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Should tell you everything you need to know about the direction of the organization. Stearns quit and dipped out first chance he got and CC went to that team. Attanasio is a plague. Dude is going to pinch as much he can while pretending to compete until the ballpark is updated, then he's going to sell. 

The "penny pinching miser" offered Counsell $5 million a year but just got outbid by the Cubs.  IMO it was past time for a change so I have no issue with him leaving, even if it was for Chicago.  Have fun managing for an owner who eagerly dumped Ross as soon a shiny new toy became available.   Just snuggle up to your bank statement if things go south on the north side of town.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

The "penny pinching miser" offered Counsell $5 million a year but just got outbid by the Cubs.  IMO it was past time for a change so I have no issue with him leaving, even if it was for Chicago.  Have fun managing for an owner who eagerly dumped Ross as soon a shiny new toy became available.   Just snuggle up to your bank statement if things go south on the north side of town.

Can't take Attanasio at his word. Remember "save now to spend later?" He's a businessman. He lies for a living. 

And the penny pinching had to do with the direction of the team. Just wait. 

Counsell leaving was definitely motivated by money, but I also wonder if he had any talks with Attanasio about where the payroll is going to be going forward.  2024 is the last year for Burnes/Woodruff/Adames and I think Williams is 2025.  Definitely possible that he wasn't excited by the idea of overseeing a rebuild.  

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We hired Pat Murphy. Nothing is changing for the better, that's for sure. Brewers stay poverty. 

Mark is gonna get his stadium money, fix it up and then sell. The days of investing in the on field product past bare minimum are over. 

This is no surprise.  They kept all of the other assistants so I suspect Murphy was the guy they wanted once they knew CC wanted out.  

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We hired Pat Murphy. Nothing is changing for the better, that's for sure. Brewers stay poverty. 

Mark is gonna get his stadium money, fix it up and then sell. The days of investing in the on field product past bare minimum are over. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wisconsin-senate-approves-brewers-stadium-spending-package-cuts

And he gets his stadium money today.

Not going to lie, I love Rickie Weeks so I don't hate that he's being groomed, but this is absolutely the cheap route.

If we deal off Adames and Burnes and get some good hauls, tank for a year and then Mark A sells, I actually think that's best case scenario for us. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:26 PM, beekay414 said:

He chased it and pretended to do it for the betterment of other managers to boot. Continually used "reset the market" through social media mouthpieces until it became verbal diarrhea. Stole another man's job too. 

Good for him. Get the bag. Kudos

I have no earthly idea why we would be trading for someone like Jake Bauers in our current predicament. Only signals another half-assed attempt at a "competitive" season. 

Bauers hasn't had an OBP over .300 since 2019 ffs. If this isn't a move for AAA or as a 4th OF/backup 1B, I'm at a loss for words.