Bitcoin

BayRaider

35 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I always assumed people were doing this. Who's going to be the first to join and report their findings? lol

https://theoutline.com/post/3074/inside-the-group-chats-where-people-pump-and-dump-cryptocurrency

If you're on telegram you see these all the time.  A lot of projects have telegram groups where members of the altcoin will provide updates and answer questions with regular folks.  But those channels get spammed by bots trying to get people to join their pump and dump telegram channel, where they put prices on when to buy and when to sell coins.  If you're dumb enough to join one of them and want to try your hand at trying to make quick money, then you deserve to lose your money IMO...

18 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

If you're on telegram you see these all the time.  A lot of projects have telegram groups where members of the altcoin will provide updates and answer questions with regular folks.  But those channels get spammed by bots trying to get people to join their pump and dump telegram channel, where they put prices on when to buy and when to sell coins.  If you're dumb enough to join one of them and want to try your hand at trying to make quick money, then you deserve to lose your money IMO...

I agree. Not aware of what Telegram is but this is why I only dive into things that have been around for a while or if someone else here suggests something, even if it hasn't been alive for a while. People trying to take advantage of things for a quick buck, shocking.

31 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Whew, Bitcoin under 10G. 

Is it Black Friday?

Posted back on 1/27 when the market was picking up again:

Should go down to ~$9,000, maybe even under $8,000 but it'll pick back up (barring anything crazy happening). If it ever does get below $8,000 for BTC, I'm buying. I keep talking about buying lately, but I keep holding off.  At this point, I'm only going to buy during a big dip.  I have enough money in the market already that I don't need to chase every coin/token people are saying is going to moon.  Just going to hold on what I have and if there is a market crash, buy some more at bottom...

On 1/29/2018 at 3:55 PM, TankWilliams said:

What do you do if you lose one of those Ledger wallets?  I'm guessing your are SOL, unless there is some method of backing up the info while being able to maintain the security and integrity of the device, though I'm not able to imagine how you would do that at this point.

Thats my biggest fear from that.  If I get my wallet hacked into and my currency stolen, thats one thing.  If I lose my cryptocurrency just because I lost my hardware wallet, I'd probably go insane.  If I bought that thing I'd likely have to put it on a keychain and get one of those gps tags on them so that if I lose it I don't have a panic attack.

I stored mine in my safe deposit box at the bank just to keep this from happening.  

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

What do you guys think of Litecoin?  Sitting at $160/coin right now, it's kind of tempting to grab some.

I just bought two. Litecoin is the safest investment on the market right now IMO. Will be 1500 at some point. That's only 7.5x but that's pretty good. Especially on a safe not risky investment. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I just bought two. Litecoin is the safest investment on the market right now IMO. Will be 1500 at some point. That's only 7.5x but that's pretty good. Especially on a safe not risky investment. 

I figure it is at least as safe as having it in cash these days, the way the dollar is performing.  I just picked up 15 of them.  We'll see how it goes.  :)

50 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

For the love of God if anyone has been buying and selling ELF at the right time these last few days you are making a damn killing.

lol, I've just been holding.  Got it at $1.30, so I'm not complaining.  All I know is if Cardano can hit a $13B market cap with vaporware, there's no reason ELF can't be a top 10 coin.

Btw, is anyone else Bullish on IOTA?  It's been doing nothing for the past month but I think it's due.  Keep hearing about all these partnerships and the trinity wallet coming out soon for it.  But the price is just stagnant.  idk, I believe it...

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why do you think that?  It doesn't seem like it does anything new or special?  If I read correctly, they copied Bitcoin and just tweaked some stuff.  Seems like a "plain jane" vanilla coin with not much upside unless I'm missing something.

Just now, jonu62882 said:

Why do you think that?  It doesn't seem like it does anything new or special?  If I read correctly, they copied Bitcoin and just tweaked some stuff.  Seems like a "plain jane" vanilla coin with not much upside unless I'm missing something.

Litecoin is 4x faster than Bitcoin and way more secure. It's better than Bitcoin in every way. One day Litecoin will be used everywhere as an Everyday Transaction Payment/Currency. Bitcoin is more of a coin you hold for value, like gold. Litecoin is what you use to pay.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Litecoin is 4x faster than Bitcoin and way more secure. It's better than Bitcoin in every way. One day Litecoin will be used everywhere as an Everyday Transaction Payment/Currency. Bitcoin is more of a coin you hold for value, like gold. Litecoin is what you use to pay.

Why do you think Litecoin will hit mainstream adoption for digital payment?  You think at some point it will overtake Bitcoin?  I don't really see many places that accept Litecoin over Bitcoin at this moment.