Rodney Anderson cleared to practice

TheVillain112

Realistically he won't play much.  But if they're able to get him in there for a few preseason, and maybe average 2-4 touches/game throughout the regular season, they can begin to form an opinion of him and know whether they should prioritize Gio for an extension or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theJ said:

Realistically he won't play much.  But if they're able to get him in there for a few preseason, and maybe average 2-4 touches/game throughout the regular season, they can begin to form an opinion of him and know whether they should prioritize Gio for an extension or not.

Gio has had an extension.  He hasn't done much.  I don't see him getting another. 

9 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Gio has had an extension.  He hasn't done much.  I don't see him getting another. 

I don't think it'd be wise to extend him again either.  But you can't deny that the main reason he hasn't done much is because the previous staff had no idea how to best utilize him.  He had a pitifully low number of targets and runs out of the shotgun.  Especially those years where they seemed to prefer to the plodding Jeremy Hill.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theJ said:

I don't think it'd be wise to extend him again either.  But you can't deny that the main reason he hasn't done much is because the previous staff had no idea how to best utilize him.  He had a pitifully low number of targets and runs out of the shotgun.  Especially those years where they seemed to prefer to the plodding Jeremy Hill.

Agreed.  I do think he's a good player that was never used to the best of his talent, but at this point in his career, probably easily replaced. 

15 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Agreed.  I do think he's a good player that was never used to the best of his talent, but at this point in his career, probably easily replaced. 

Yep i agree.  Can't afford to be sentimental about RB's.

34 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think they let Gio test the market but ultimately offer him a decent deal to return

Seems like something they'd do.

I hope they don't though.  it'll be a mistake.  Mixon is a special talent and should probably get a second deal.  The rest of the RB roster should be constructed of rookie or vet min deals though.  Especially if they don't change Gio's role much.  He's just not utilized enough to warrant any sort of mid-level deal.