Ballard and Pagano speak out on injuries/roster moves

Wyld Stallyns

Eric Swoope is on IR-Des not season ending IR, could be available by Week 9

Andrew Luck is out for Week 1, Tolzien will start vs the Rams

Vontae Davis is out for a few weeks. 

Ryan Kelly is Week to Week. The reason he was not put on IR. 

Brissett was acquired because they see him as a long term back up. Stephen Holder asked Ballard about what was the impetus for the Dorsett trade and Ballard said acquiring Brissett was the reason. He said they never shopped Dorsett but had received calls about his availability. 

Ballard said they won't know until later this afternoon whether Banner or Morris clear waivers. He did say that Morris looked awful at OTAs and he (Morris) was aware of it. He also said he that that was the reason he was demoted to #3 QB and he believes that was the motivator for Morris' improved play from then on. But neither were good enough to make the 53 man roster.

Ballard said that when he was in Kansas City and they scouted TJ Green they looked at him as a CB. Which he thinks is his long term position. Says Green will learn CB so he can swing back and forth between the 2 positions. 

Castonzo has been playing the best of his career, Vujnovich was a big surprise in camp. 

I started this post when a Pagano live press conference started so I don't have all the info from that yet. 

Pagano said that they will have a package for Brissett in the event that he is forced into the Sunday game in an emergency situation 

Quincy Wilson and TJ Green are favorites to fill in for Davis. 

TJ Green and Malik Hooker practiced today, Nate Hairston will be the NB Sunday. 

Chester Rogers will be at practice.

11 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Stallyns, you are the man. 

I like this.......

"Quincy Wilson and TJ Green are favorites to fill in for Davis. TJ Green and Malik Hooker practiced today, Nate Hairston will be the NB Sunday. "

Thanks and I agree. 

Also I seen that Tennessee brought Schwenke back so resigning him is off the table whether it was or not. 

Which means Bond is definitely the starter at center until Kelly returns. 

Just now, stallyns said:

Thanks and I agree. 

Also I seen that Tennessee brought Schwenke back so resigning him is off the table whether it was or not. 

Which means Bond is definitely the starter at center until Kelly returns. 

Just realized this, I'm agreeing with you on liking the info about Wilson, Green, Hooker and Hairston. I do agree that I'm the man but that wasn't my original intention from that post ?

16 minutes ago, stallyns said:

Just realized this, I'm agreeing with you on liking the info about Wilson, Green, Hooker and Hairston. I do agree that I'm the man but that wasn't my original intention from that post ?

Lol, I got it....but with 25K posts and very up to date posting, you deserve it. Glad to be here and have a place for some civilized fandom. I'll try to help with the threads and replies numbers. I don't use my phone for internet so  I am not the most up to the minute in "just in" kinds of postings. 

Archived