Carolina v 49ers, week 1 GDT: Football is Back!

Forge

Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most

• Solomon Thomas
    • Reuben Foster
    • Marquise Goodwin
    • Pierre Garcon
    • George Kittle
    • Robbie Gould...because kickers are people too

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Niners are gonna get killed in Seattle. This will be a nice bounce back game for them after the loss to the Packers.

How long is Lynch out?

No clue. He was on the injury report last week which was kind of a surprise. Must have been injured late in the 4th preseason game or during practice. 

16 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

It took me a while to see what you were talking about - that's his rank out of offensive tackles. He ranks 8th. Graded over an 80. 

oh lol. the way it was done up, I thought it was like a run block / pass block split....my bad. I was about to say...that's pretty bad

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

oh lol. the way it was done up, I thought it was like a run block / pass block split....my bad. I was about to say...that's pretty bad

Your context clue should have been Beadles achieving the "highest" grades out of all our linemen. 

By the time Bowman picked up his cross route, it would have been too late for Johnson to recover anyway - the damage was already done. I assign equal blame to Johnson and Tartt. Johnson for the completion, Tartt for the TD. Johnson's mistake was worth a first down play going for 25 yards. Tartt's mistake was the crucial final ~20. Difference between 3 and 7 on the scoreboard (potentially). 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No clue. He was on the injury report last week which was kind of a surprise. Must have been injured late in the 4th preseason game or during practice. 

Is there any guarantee that it was injury related, or is that just speculation at this point? 

Definitely, terrible effort from Tartt there (Was solid in that department aside from that play). But to blow an assignment there on 3rd and 12 is tough to overcome. We later allow a screen play to go for 16 yards on 3rd and 15 that led to 3 points before halftime. These 10 points could have easily been avoided. 

Archived