Official Cuts Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

Looks like we've cut Rawls, Tae Hayes, Tull and Ramik Wilson. 2 sort of surprising cuts were Josh Wells and Datone Jones(although our line is really deep)

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/8/30/20840549/jacksonville-jaguars-cut-tracker-roster-moves-trades-rumors-updates-and-more

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

Yeah, some of those are weird cuts.

Wells i thought was basically a lock since he's versatile and not the absolute worst, at a position we're currently still pretty unsteady.

Datone Jones really flashed through the preseason.  I get that we're deep there, but hrmmm...makes you wonder if the preseason even really matters if you latch on with the wrong team that intends to cut you from the start.

Thought Hayes had a few flashes too, but some blunders too.  Not really a surprise...just...eh.

Rawls being cut seems about right.  Didn't even turn out to be a great camp body lol.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah, some of those are weird cuts.

Wells i thought was basically a lock since he's versatile and not the absolute worst, at a position we're currently still pretty unsteady.

Datone Jones really flashed through the preseason.  I get that we're deep there, but hrmmm...makes you wonder if the preseason even really matters if you latch on with the wrong team that intends to cut you from the start.

Thought Hayes had a few flashes too, but some blunders too.  Not really a surprise...just...eh.

Rawls being cut seems about right.  Didn't even turn out to be a great camp body lol.

So the article about Jones said it might have been a guaranteed money thing and we might pick him up real soon

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I guess Cedric made the team is Wells didnt

I think Cedric was always pretty much guaranteed to make it.  He's the guy they brought in to be that swing tackle and they'd probably made up their mind on that before camp opened.

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think Wells probably also didn't heal up as well as they had hoped. From what I saw, he looked notably worse in the preseason than he did in games last year.

Yeah.  That was probably also a factor.  Just felt like they sorta anticipated it though, and made other plans...to where Wells coming back strong would've basically just been gravy.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  That was probably also a factor.  Just felt like they sorta anticipated it though, and made other plans...to where Wells coming back strong would've basically just been gravy.

I don't think they would have re-signed Wells if they were planning to just move on. He definitely had a shot to make the roster, but failed.

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Id say it would be good. I would have done the same pats deal.  Cant really hurt us. Gives us 2 weapons tp throw 2

We're not the Patriots yo.  We don't have anywhere near the stability to do that, without it blowing up in our faces just like it did in Oakland.  You need a seriously perennially competitive, locked down, buy-in sort of organization to even think about bringing in a guy like AB.  We don't have that.  Heck, they can barely keep Jalen under control and he's...pretty mild.