This years fantasy MVP

sammymvpknight

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...people watching Montgomery split carries with Davis and Patterson were in for a rood awakening. He looked good...easily their best runner. Ouch. 

I'm kind of wondering if I should throw Miles Sanders trades out there. I am a little worried that he's going to be in the same boat. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm kind of wondering if I should throw Miles Sanders trades out there. I am a little worried that he's going to be in the same boat. 

Yeah...I don’t own Sanders anywhere. He’s going to be a fantasy bust in redrafter. I still like Montgomery but you have to temper expectations. I own Montgomery in only one league and that’s only because it’s a keeper league in which you can keep the player they were drafted the year before. I’m also confident that the Bears OC will get fired if Montgomery gets out-touched by Davis/Patterson 2:1. He should improve as the season goes on. I’m far less optimistic about Sanders because quite frankly, Howard looks just as good. 

12 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...I don’t own Sanders anywhere. He’s going to be a fantasy bust in redrafter. I still like Montgomery but you have to temper expectations. I own Montgomery in only one league and that’s only because it’s a keeper league in which you can keep the player they were drafted the year before. I’m also confident that the Bears OC will get fired if Montgomery gets out-touched by Davis/Patterson 2:1. He should improve as the season goes on. I’m far less optimistic about Sanders because quite frankly, Howard looks just as good. 

I have him in a couple leagues, took him on upside over guys like Coleman, but I nearly immediately regretted it. I have a couple of offers out for wide receivers. I have to take a bit of a shave with regards to draft position, but I need another wide receiver anyway. 

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I totally disagree with the last couple posts. Sanders is easily the most talented runner on the Eagles and Montgomery on the Bears. Be patient. By week 8 both of them will have a stranglehold on a majority of the touches. This is a perfect time to buy low on Montgomery. Thank me later.

Except being the most talented runner doesn't mean much in the NFL. Matt Breida is the most talented runner on the 49ers. He's going to be outsnapped by Tevin Coleman. Aaron Jones has been the most talented runner on the Packers, and there was a whole "free aaron jones" campaign. The Eagles have a 4 guys they may want to get touches, Chicago may have a three headed monster (though Cohen is more of a slot receiver at this point). I'd have more faith in Montgomery getting the touches eventually, but I actually isn't as big of a fan of his talent as I am with Sanders, which is what makes that tough. 

Now, probably a good idea to hold on to Sanders to see what kind of volume we are talking about moving forward, but I actually need the receiver (I have AB), and Sanders is easily the running back I feel least comfortable about. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Except being the most talented runner doesn't mean much in the NFL. Matt Breida is the most talented runner on the 49ers. He's going to be outsnapped by Tevin Coleman. Aaron Jones has been the most talented runner on the Packers, and there was a whole "free aaron jones" campaign. The Eagles have a 4 guys they may want to get touches, Chicago may have a three headed monster (though Cohen is more of a slot receiver at this point). I'd have more faith in Montgomery getting the touches eventually, but I actually isn't as big of a fan of his talent as I am with Sanders, which is what makes that tough. 

Aaron Jones took the starting job last year, correct? Thats my point. Breida was the most talented runner last year and eventually took the starting job. We have no idea if he'll be outsnapped by Coleman by the end of the year. 

Generally, the more talented runner will have the bigger share of carries by the end of the year. Buy low on Montgomery now. He's going to be a fantasy stud by fantasy playoff time.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Aaron Jones took the starting job last year, correct? Thats my point. Breida was the most talented runner last year and eventually took the starting job. We have no idea if he'll be outsnapped by Coleman by the end of the year. 

Generally, the more talented runner will have the bigger share of carries by the end of the year. Buy low on Montgomery now. He's going to be a fantasy stud by fantasy playoff time.

Well, Breida was the starter all of last year because the other option was Morris. But the year before he was the most talented runner, and Hyde outsnapped and out rushed him by a considerable margin. Coleman will get the majority of the snaps to start the season for sure - Breida could close that gap or take the lead, I won't deny that. As a 49er fan, I hope it does happen because Breida is better. But that's going to take time. Just like potentially Montgomery is. 

I think if you took Montgomery, don't sell low, but I don't think that you can start him, which kind of sucks given his draft position. This could take time. But some teams don't have the  luxury of sitting him and hoping to weather the storm. So I think he puts you in a pickle if you drafted him highly and don't have a deep running back group. If this continues for 3-5 weeks, drafting montgomery could quite literally cost you your fantasy season if you keep running him out there. Now, that's a pretty extreme example, and I don't want the outlook to seem like the apocalypse, but that absolutely is a viable occurrence. Volume matters in fantasy (which is sadly why Carlos Hyde is going to be a rosterable player LOL). 

I do agree that if you didn't draft Montgomery, jump on that a bit. Throw out somewhat buy low options. Tevin Coleman, humorously, is a guy I would throw out for Montgomery. Kenyan Drake. I'd probably hold Ekeler, but I could understand that move as well. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I totally disagree with the last couple posts. Sanders is easily the most talented runner on the Eagles and Montgomery on the Bears. Be patient. By week 8 both of them will have a stranglehold on a majority of the touches. This is a perfect time to buy low on Montgomery. Thank me later.

If you have already bought Sanders you have no other choice but to ride with him. But I wouldn’t have drafted him in redrafter. I think the gap between he and Howard is much more narrow than Montgomery and his competitors. I agree that Montgomery is a great buy low guy right now...but I think it won’t be until the second half of the season until the Bears OC wises up. 

40 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If you have already bought Sanders you have no other choice but to ride with him. But I wouldn’t have drafted him in redrafter. I think the gap between he and Howard is much more narrow than Montgomery and his competitors. I agree that Montgomery is a great buy low guy right now...but I think it won’t be until the second half of the season until the Bears OC wises up. 

Howard sucks. I'll be shocked if Sanders isn't touching the ball 20 times a game by week 8.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Howard sucks. I'll be shocked if Sanders isn't touching the ball 20 times a game by week 8.

He doesn’t suck as a runner. He lead the league in rushing a few years ago. He’s a zero in the passing game which is a huge limitation but the Eagles also have other guys for that role. Sanders is all yours. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

He doesn’t suck as a runner. He lead the league in rushing a few years ago. He’s a zero in the passing game which is a huge limitation but the Eagles also have other guys for that role. Sanders is all yours. 

He's a completely replaceable HB. He's not a difference making runner or pass catcher. Sanders could be a difference maker in both aspects.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He's a completely replaceable HB. He's not a difference making runner or pass catcher. Sanders could be a difference maker in both aspects.

Could being the key word. Has Sanders won a rushing title? Until he actually does something of substance on an NFL football field other than looking more flashy than Howard, I’m a skeptic. Especially considering the Eagles history at the position. 

Obviously, there is a great deal of bias and speculation here. I believe in Montgomery. I believed in him in college and he looks like the same guy in the pros. I thought Sanders wasn’t as good in college and there’s been nothing that convinced me any different through the limited amount of footage of training camp/preseason. You’re probably a Sanders guy...which is fine. But with that inherent bias it will be difficult to agree on this one. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Could being the key word. Has Sanders won a rushing title? Until he actually does something of substance on an NFL football field other than looking more flashy than Howard, I’m a skeptic. Especially considering the Eagles history at the position. 

Obviously, there is a great deal of bias and speculation here. I believe in Montgomery. I believed in him in college and he looks like the same guy in the pros. I thought Sanders wasn’t as good in college and there’s been nothing that convinced me any different through the limited amount of footage of training camp/preseason. You’re probably a Sanders guy...which is fine. But with that inherent bias it will be difficult to agree on this one. 

I'm not biased for either of them. I like Sanders and Montgomery this year, I like Montgomery more but people are sleeping on Miles Sanders and he was had for great value. Jordan Howard isn't going to keep that job long.