Expectation for this new season

Flounch

On offense :

It will be interesting to see if Mc Vay will change his offensive scheme after this Superbowl fiasco and introducing some new and creative play.

Will he continue to use 11 personnel most of the time ? 

I would like to see Goff taking the next step and becoming a player we can count when we really need him.  

I hope to see a Gurley running like the old Gurley and not the one we see at the end of the season. 

I pray for the Oline to not get injured but 3 years in the row without getting an injury will be a miracle. 

On defense : 

I would like us to improve our running defense. 

I hope Donald will be the sack leader at the end of the season. I would like to see Okoronkwo and the pass rush be effective this season. 

I would like to see Peters playing with consistency. 

And finally i want us to redo a superbowl against these ******* patriots and humiliate them to death.

My expectations is the same as I had for us heading into last season. I expect the Rams to go (12-4), get one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC and get to at least the NFCCG.

Last season the good news is we got to see the stuff Goff was made off going into the Superdome with a banged up Gurley and no Kupp and winning in the playoffs. We know with a healthy Gurley and Kupp, Goff went into the Superdome Week 9 and lit it up. Only one mistake which was that interception in the 1st half. So Goff showed me something. The Superbowl wasnt all on Goff. It was just an overall terrible day at the office on offense except for it was in front of the nation on the biggest stage. Goff will be fine, the offense will continue to evolve, and I think the defense is better with Weddle and having a healthy Peters and Talib. Not to mention the the rest of the secondary is so deep and talented with the likes of Johnson, NRC, Rapp, and Long. I do want to see what Folwer will do having a full offseason under his belt with the Rams plus adding Matthews and then drafting Gaines to be that big guy up the middle to stop the run and get after the passer some. Like overall I think this Rams team will be even hungry this season because of what happened to them in the Superbowl. I think of this team as the Spurs back in 2014 when they won the NBA title after the 2013 season they choked it away because Duncan didnt get the rebound the Heat got it and Allen hit the 3pt shot which help the Heat win the game and then the next game to take the title away from the Spurs. The Spurs was motivated the following season to get back and make sure that doesnt happen again and when they faced the Heat in 2014 they dominated them in the Finals. I expect the Rams do the same and I HOPE we meet the Patriots again. McVay and the Rams wont have a repeat. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What does everyone expect of Gurley?

A handful less carries/catches a game. Sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter if we have a big lead where in years past that wouldn't happen and those are unnecessary carries. He's still going to be a good back and good fantasy back they just plan on more off days from practice and using Brown and now Henderson. 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, NVRamsFan said:

A handful less carries/catches a game. Sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter if we have a big lead where in years past that wouldn't happen and those are unnecessary carries. He's still going to be a good back and good fantasy back they just plan on more off days from practice and using Brown and now Henderson. 

My thoughts exactly. Look how Kamara produced, and he only had 15-20 touches a game. Gurley is better than Kamara, so I totally expect great things from him, just with less wear and tear.

1,100 rushing yards, 13 rushing TDs, 500 receiving yards, 6 Receiving TDs