Josh Dobbs traded

warfelg

The only player on the Dolphins I'd want would be Xavien Howard. Maybe Reshad Jones, who I already traded for a while back. It just never goes through.

Anthony Chickilo.... or ham sandwich.

I'm inclined to take the ham sandwich here, because AT LEAST I got something.

To recap, you lost Skipper. Who showed unbelievable flashes as an OLB. A position you seem to lack a starter as well as depth. (i.e. Dupree and Chickilo). For one play of Johnny Holton. Ohhh how I love a team coached by Mike Tomlin.

It kind of makes me feel like going river dancing.

D.Parker is another receiver that can't separate. No thanks. I think he's been mis-used in Miami, but he's not what we need.
If we were going to go after anyone on Miami, it'd be Minkah. No way they let him go for less than a high draft pick though.

While I'm thinking about it...we also over rotated against NE. Another coaching mistake. When Switzer gets more snaps
than Conner, you're just over thinking it.

19 hours ago, 3rivers said:

if this team continues to slide, do you think they make a few in season trades to salvage the season?  If they do, who do you want them to acquire ?

1) Reshad Jones safety/nickel LB - you're gonna need someone to cover the tight end when someone decides to throw it to a tight end and you play a team where the tight ends aren't all suspended and/or injured

2) P2 - Patrick Peterson is a long-term replacement at the safety position. He could play CB, but I'd like to see a Rod Woodson type transition for him. He could give you 5 years back there. This piggybacks the ineptitude of drafting DBs. Stop wasting picks every year. You can't do it. You aren't capable of doing it. Apart from when Rod Woodson falls to you. Which is one in a million. Like, if Ed Reed, falls to you. I still remember that in the Post-Gazette. Wishful thinking, aye.

3) Xavien Howard - primetime ability at at the CB position. Can play "under the lights". Has a "nose for the ball"

4) Darius Slay - another instinctive player at the CB position. Having a legitimate #1. Haden is more of a #2. Having a legitimate CB and moving Nelson to the 4th DB. With Hilton as the blitzing nickel CB would greatly benefit the "schematics" and the chess game of "hat on a hat".

5) Yannick Ngakoue - here's a player that is headed for the franchise tag. They drafted Josh Allen. Hint, hint. Which is how Ngakoue ends up on this list. It just gives you some insurance. As is life. A team buying insurance. Wouldn't mind going to the secondary market and flip an asset to pick up more assets and buy more insurance. 

If I'm picking two here - these are all s*** teams. Which is how they end up on this list. But if I'm picking two. I want more pass rush. And more coverage on the back end. 

1) P2

2) Yannick Ngakoue

* ANd then I'd sink $100m into Clowney. In UFA. Ben would be gone. Tomlin. Butler. Danny Smith all way gone. And then I bring in Brent Venables to be DC. He'd get the most out of Clowney moving him around as someone who actually enjoys the game. And is disciplined in his craft. Not a grandpa with that oh s*** face who is in need to apply more hemorrhoid creme. And I believe Venables would get Clowney to love the game. Because you use him to the best of his ability. And he's just hearing roars [15+ sacks a year] the whole time he's out there. It has an effect on a man.

1 hour ago, Money said:

ANd then I'd sink $100m into Clowney.

before this, you had some interesting ideas, clowney though, just give that up as he is overrated. I doubt Howard and Slay are going anywhere, but why not try ? I still think safety is a weakness but if a great CB is possible, maybe  then.

On 2019-09-09 at 5:48 PM, Money said:

Skipper picked up by the Giants. Today. But let's keep Chickilo. He's just a phenomenal talent

Skipper might be unknown and could be decent or better. Oddly I doubt either dupree or chickillo ever get an annual salary like they did this year. Talk about being overpaid and in the case of dupree overdraft. nice one colbert;). Colbert could have told duprees agent that let us know what you get for a deal and we will take your average and up it a bit for a 1 year prove it deal. A player that believes in themselves would opt for the prove it deal. Oddly, I doubt dupree would have got $4M on the open market, yet that's what chickillo got!  I would think more like $3.75M for dupree max and Chickillo for a bout $1.5M max.