Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

Just now, turtle28 said:

Jeffery took the ball out of Bree's hands. It wasn't like Bree just dropped the ball, he had it ripped out of his hands when they hit the ground.

Should've already been down around his waist. The point is that I'm tired of our CBs in position to make the plays and then...not

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe it wasn't his guy but Zac Brown looked right at Ertz without anyone on him and just watched him catch the ball lol. It was clear no one was going to cover him and Brown just stares at him. 

Our ILBs have struggled in coverage since Fletcher retired and then we gave up on Robinson. Fletcher wasn't great at coverage, but he didn't blow coverages ever. EVER!

Keenan Robinson was good in coverage but the coaches and others thought he was too soft in the run game so they went with Compton over him and it was a major downgrade. 

Also, Riley was like Brown. Good in the run game, good at blitzing but he blew coverages too eventhough both were/are athletic enough to cover any TE or RB.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Should've already been down around his waist. The point is that I'm tired of our CBs in position to make the plays and then...not

Jefferey was fighting for the ball. Bree grabbed it first but then Jeffery's hands were on it a second later. I don't think he even had a chance to get the ball down to his waster because Jeffery was tugging at it too and almost caught it despite Bree getting his hands on it first.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Jefferey was fighting for the ball. Bree grabbed it first but then Jeffery's hands were on it a second later. I don't think he even had a chance to get the ball down to his waster because Jeffery was tugging at it too and almost caught it despite Bree getting his hands on it first.

Great play by Bree!! Easily could have been 7

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Again...why is it that this seems to only happen one way (our guys not pulling the ball away)? This is what I'm getting at.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Again...why is it that this seems to only happen one way (our guys not pulling the ball away)? This is what I'm getting at.

We could put Julio Jones at safety and he'd start dropping everything. It's s right of passage for Redskins DBs. 

Archived