Sloppy Mock That I Need To Get Rid Off Quickly.

JetsandI

Yup, there i go. The full off season mock is here. Go ahead and call me pathetic. I am too obnoxious to understand that.

giphy.gif

Jets’ 2019 result is

giphy.gif

PLTZJRh.gif

2020 Off Season Kick Off

tenor.gif?itemid=6001729

Okay.... Never mind those hot ladies. It is Joe Douglas’ first off season to move this

ctm-0524-space-needle-seattle.jpg

Start line: 54.8m cap room with 33 players aboard.

(Without rollover from 2019 so it will cover rookie salary)

Cut the followings-

CB Trumaine Johnson (Save 3m)

-One suggested that he lost interest in playing football. True or not? I don’t know but I cut him basing on Jets had no problem to healthily scratch him from a game. Move on.

LG Kelechi Osemele (11.7)

-He may or may not stay with Jets after contract is remade. For now, I go with full overhaul method on OL in this mock to see if it makes sense for Jets to do that in real life.

MLB Avery Williamson (6.5)

-I actually expect Blake Cashman to improve his mike skill at the end of this season. Fingers crossed.

RG Brian Winters (7.5)

-He overstays. Time for change.

WR Quincy Enunwa {Post June 1 Designation} (6m)

-I did that way as I assumed he would pass the physical test by 5th day of next season to avoid injury guarantee.

DT Nathan Shepherd (.592)

-He made it on the roster last offseason but PEDs contribuated that. Imagine him without taking PEDs.

Post Cut Line: 90.09m cap room with 27 players aboard. Ouch!

Re-sign back the followings-

QB Trevor Siemian (1.5m cap hit)

-Out of season injury keeps him from getting bigger salary. Jets are lucky for that as Jets should continue relying a veteran to be Sam Darnold's back up until Darnold gets new contract. 8-10m back up qb won't cut it.

ILB Neville Hewitt (4.5)

-He has played all right for Jets so far. If he finished this season as an average LB then it won't hurt to bring him back to mix in with Blake Cashman.

G Alex Lewis (1)

S Mattias Farley (.800)

-Both have yet to play on the field for Jets but I estimate they will make somewhat impact for Jets to bring them back for depth and affordable price.

DL Bronson Kaufusi {non RFA Tender} (1.5)

-Not sure how much useful he will be as the season is progressing but for now I think him as a depth player.

LS Thomas Hennessy {non RFA Tender} (.720)

-Copied Colts' Luke Rhodes' contract.

QB Luke Falk {ERFA} (.770)

OLB Frankie Luvu {ERFA} (.770)

K Sam Ficken {ERFA} (.570)

CB Arthur Maulet {ERFA} (.520)

-ERFA contracts will be determined by Jets so I made up those salaries.

Post Re-Signing Line: 77.44m cap room with 37 players aboard.

Sign the following FAs-

WR Emmanuel Sanders (12m cap hit)

-Despite older and shorter in height, he offers more roles in passing offense than Robby Anderson for about the same price.

LT Donald Penn or Jason Peters (6.5)

- Either big LT would do as stopgap duty. Whoever is cheaper is fine by me but no more than 6.5m on one year contract.

LG Andrus Peat (6)

-Peat is going to get top dollar and Saints have no room in salary cap for him. Hurry up and sign him to long contract.

RG Brandon Scherff (6)

-Having him aboard to nail down as NFL’s top guard tandem.

C Brett Jones (1.1)

-Connor McGovern probably stays with Broncos. Rodney Hudson already signed to contract extension with Raiders. It is down to either Jon Looney or Brett Jones as UFA.

RT Daryl Williams (6)

I would like to think Greg Little will be ready to step into LT role next season for Panthers. He can compete for LT job with Chuma Edoga or either Penn or Peters for Jets. I just penciled Williams as RT because in long run he will probably stay at RT.

OL Dennis Kelly (2)

-He has played LT in place of supsended Taylor Lewan but he doesn’t belong there as he is a better RT, basing on numbers. His run blocking is the reason Jets should sign him. We have Le’Veon Bell FFS.

Edge Jadeveon Clowney (11)

-Just get him.

CB Trae Waynes (7.5)

-Easy on guaranteed money because he has always been battling a variety of injuries in NFL.

CB Ronald Darby (8)

-He may be an ideal for “prove it” contract because he has struggled since he returned from ACL. He is still young so he gets one more season before asking for fat contract.

SCB Kendall Fuller (7.5)

-He should be top slot CB for many years but he can play outside if necessary.

Post Free Agent Line: 3.84m cap room with 48 players aboard.

2020-draft.jpg

Right now, I actually think Dolphins, Giants and Titans are worse than Jets so you know what does it mean. Right?

Prospects off the board are Tua Tagovailoa, Andrew Thomas and Joe Burrow.

Don’t ask me because I will give you a silly answer.

1.4: WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama.

• I took kingofthedot’s advice about not to think about most coveted prospects being off the board before Jets’ selection. It isn’t an easy call since Chase Young is available for this selection as I didn’t address Edge in FA. I went with offense for change.

1.33: Edge Alton Robinson, Syracuse.

• Jets sent 2021’s first round pick to Chiefs, who acquired Dolphins’ 2.33 in the trading down transaction. Robinson is in the contention of being taken in 1st but players of this university usually have all kinds of baggage and character issue. Whatever on Robinson’s background could keep him out of 1st ,hypothetically.

2.36: RB Cam Akers, Florida State.

• He is guaranteed to replace this joke Ty Montgmoery. Bell and Akers duo sound more threatening than Bell and current company. He is a must to have.

3.68: Traded to Texans for Seahawks’ 3rd round pick and Dolphins’ 4th round pick

3.94.Hawks: WR Kalija Lipscomb, Vanderbilt.

• He could push for 1st round money but it is going to be difficult with new qb. He is one of best catchers for clutch downs. He has studied/worked on many different routes for his own benefit. Nice, no?

4.Fins: C/G Cesar Ruiz, Michigan.

• Right now, I am not sure which Center has the most offerings for Jets but I picked him because there was a mentioning about him doesn’t need Guard help. I am sick of seeing RB hitting on the ground right behind the LOS. You agreed?

4: CB DeMarkus Acy, Missouri.

• Health status of newly acquired CB will be seriously tested. Adding Acy to young group of Nate Hairston and Kyron Brown, whom I hope for to promote to active roster by the end of this season, is clearly necessary. There are too many CB to consider but for now I tabbed Acy because he is tall CB that has no problem coming in for run support. Tall, Hands, Toughness. All checkered and done.

5: OT Charlie Heck, North Carolina.

• Could address OT higher than that but I had Jets revamped OL greatly via FA and as a result, Jets have 3 options to man LT. Because OL is prone to injury and a lack of chemistry Jets have to overcrowd OL for TC by adding another talented T.

6: Traded with Redskins for 2 7th round picks.

7.Skins: P Blake Gillikin, Penn State.

• Jets didn’t resign Lachlan Edwards back because I got funny feeling that Joe Douglas will want new ST tandem for himself.

7.Broncos: K Chase Vinatieri, South Dakota State.

• Like Uncle, like nephew? I hope so.

There are a several positions that may be overfilled but just pretending they compete for final spots.  Those bottom feeding exchange is always confusing and complex so it is up for your own snobby fantasy for all I care.

mq1Er1A.gif

Peace Out!

52 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Funny stuff. I think the cuts make sense. The one thing that’s clear to me is that we should trade Leo now and try and get something for him. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd.

Too early for me to know the draft picks except for maybe 5 guys. Jerry Jeudy is awesome. 

Yeah.  After bye week, Jets have 4 weeks to trade Leo away. However, he needs to gear up a double notch to get himself relevant first.

I don't expect anybody to know prospects.  Not enough 2019 videos to judge.  Mostly 2018 action and 2019 draft comments. I am sure I will be wrong about certain prospects after the season ends.

33 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Really good draft. I'm pretty much stuck on LT in the 1st, but I'd enjoy this draft. Especially with Akers in the 3rd. If we're going the BPA route, it's very possible. 

Andrew Thomas already was taken.  Besides, my mock has to be terrible since you thought Akers was taken in 3rd when it was actually 2nd.o.O

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Andrew Thomas already was taken.  Besides, my mock has to be terrible since you thought Akers was taken in 3rd when it was actually 2nd.o.O

Lol here is the thing,  no one knows who will be drafted where and when until the week before the combine.  Akers could slip like others have done before or rise. So to assume he wouldn't be there is crazy to me. I remember when we thought Geno was going #1 to the chiefs after his 8td game.  

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Lol here is the thing,  no one knows who will be drafted where and when until the week before the combine.  Akers could slip like others have done before or rise. So to assume he wouldn't be there is crazy to me. I remember when we thought Geno was going #1 to the chiefs after his 8td game.  

Andrew Thomas falling out of 1st is also a possibility due to bad weight.B|

On 9/28/2019 at 8:15 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I hope we don't resign Trevor Siemian. He is not worth a roster spot. I think Luke Falk is better and I also feel that we can add a better backup. Lets face it we need a better backup QB becauseSam has not had a full season in his career.  

Jets and Darnold need a veteran for back up job.  Falk is certainly not it.   Can try Eli Manning for 12m or Jameis Winston for 10m.  Hell, we could bring Teddy Bridgewater back for 10m.   That is why I prefer a veteran for cheaper.   If Siemian asks for a double digit then forget it.  

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Jets and Darnold need a veteran for back up job.  Falk is certainly not it.   Can try Eli Manning for 12m or Jameis Winston for 10m.  Hell, we could bring Teddy Bridgewater back for 10m.   That is why I prefer a veteran for cheaper.   If Siemian asks for a double digit then forget it.  

This franchise for awhile is dependent on Darnold. We shouldn’t waste cap space on a backup QB. I’d rather have a scrub backup then spend 10mill on a vet. We aren’t a playoff team if Darnold goes down. So no sense in using cap space there.