Redskins Postgame

dll2000

Week 1, Nagy's play-calling was beyond dreadful and was by far his worst called game as a HC. He bounced back in week 2. In week 3 he wanted to simplify the offense even more and quite frankly, choosing to stick with short routes and underneath stuff is not sustainable. However, in his defense the OL has not played well either and so whenever he does call for longer developing routes, Mitch doesn't even get a chance to get the ball out to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Week 1, Nagy's play-calling was beyond dreadful and was by far his worst called game as a HC. He bounced back in week 2. In week 3 he wanted to simplify the offense even more and quite frankly, choosing to stick with short routes and underneath stuff is not sustainable. However, in his defense the OL has not played well either and so whenever he does call for longer developing routes, Mitch doesn't even get a chance to get the ball out to them. 

Better coached teams (hint: Minnesota) will take that stuff away. I'll be interested to see whether Nagy adjusts and how MT handles more difficult concepts and throws.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Better coached teams (hint: Minnesota) will take that stuff away. I'll be interested to see whether Nagy adjusts and how MT handles more difficult concepts and throws.

I'm still holding onto hope that it's more of a feeling out process than anything and not something Nagy is gonna stick with full-time. If he wants to use this Zampese-esque concept as a fall back plan during games where Mitch and the offense is struggling to regain some confidence then I would be fine with that, but at some point you have to find a way to move the ball downfield more efficiently. To give the defense a rest if anything. Going 3 and out 23% of each drive and only converting 36% of our 3rd downs just isn't gonna cut it.