What Was the Catalyst of Success

Buffalo Fan

First off I'm a Buffalo Bills fan but I come in peace.  I just wanted some New England fans opinion on a few things.  First I admire your Franchise and the model you set for the entire NFL I'm no hater of any greatness.  Now that being said I go way back as a fan I mean I remember when New England was pretty much at the bottom of the league or at least an easy win.  What I want to know from your fan base what do you think turned it around?  Was it Kraft buying the team?  The hiring of your coach who is probably the greatest coach of all time?  Or Tom Brady who is IMO the greatest QB of all time?  I know that all three coming together at the right time is the obvious answer but I would like you to pick just one of them please.  Thank you in advance for your opinions good luck on Sunday

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Fan said:

First off I'm a Buffalo Bills fan but I come in peace.  I just wanted some New England fans opinion on a few things.  First I admire your Franchise and the model you set for the entire NFL I'm no hater of any greatness.  Now that being said I go way back as a fan I mean I remember when New England was pretty much at the bottom of the league or at least an easy win.  What I want to know from your fan base what do you think turned it around?  Was it Kraft buying the team?  The hiring of your coach who is probably the greatest coach of all time?  Or Tom Brady who is IMO the greatest QB of all time?  I know that all three coming together at the right time is the obvious answer but I would like you to pick just one of them please.  Thank you in advance for your opinions good luck on Sunday

Thanks for the nice words, hope you're enjoying your season so far!

Probably the timing of BB and Brady, and I think it's underrated how well BB delegates and hires - he gets the best out of assistant coaches. I know Brady took to Weiss really well, for example. If you spend any time reading or listening to Patriot bear-writers, or those inside; it is quite noticeable how hands-off BB is (more so now), so he must be very very clever with his hiring and teaching. Back to the timing - you'll see the stats about Bill without Brady being pretty average, so it does suggest some cocktail between the two sparked it off. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

It's a business so, at the end of the day it was all Kraft's doing. 

BB has had the greatest direct impact on our organization because he is able to separate winning football games, from everything else, like none other.  You want to talk pay?  Your contribution to % chance of winning = your pay.  You want more snaps?  You get as many snaps as we think you should in order for us to win.  Not only is he able to separate winning from everything else but, he's able to get everyone else in the organization to follow suit.  That's how we get so many players turn out to be exceptional role players and rack up stats in the Patriots system but crash in other systems once their purpose on the team becomes less focused.  

Rolling this back to Kraft, Kraft is there for all the non-football winning stuff.  That's why you see Kraft in the lockerroom after every game high fiving players as he is the one who is supposed to help handle player's needs outside of purely winning football.  Like BB, Kraft understands how to separate winning from everything else and he plays his role in the organization exceptionally well.  

Brady, imo, is the 3rd most influencial person for the Pats.  Few players, and people in general, are able to handle stardom like he has.  Not only is he a personal leader for all these players but, he's the figurehead for BB and Kraft as the number 1 example of how and why the Patriots Way works.  When players come into the system like Moss or Brown, they see a guy like Brady act like just another dude (albeit almost a father/brother figure) even though he's literally the greatest of all time.  That kind of leading by example allows BB to continue running a tight ship.  

5 hours ago, Buffalo Fan said:

What I want to know from your fan base what do you think turned it around? 

i think the fan base is an underrated part of what turned it around. without the fans, kraft wouldn't have had as much (or perhaps any) motivation to save the team from being moved in the early/mid-90's. the fan base saved the franchise by extension of the purchasing owner (robert kraft) who shared a similar passion and devotion to the fans. kraft is a fan himself after all. kraft always wanted to honor the people who stood by the team by seeking personnel who represented the patriots fan base's greatest qualities; smart, devoted people who are passionate about football, adaptable to changes like the New England weather, and put the team first. what came in turn was bill belichick, and with a little bit of luck as a result of hard work by his staff, eventually they managed to find tom brady who developed into "the goat" some would say. brady/belichick/kraft/and the fans all share the same foundational traits and qualities of excellence that i mentioned; passion, devotion, and intelligence.

Edited by DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

i think the fan base is an underrated part of what turned it around. without the fans, kraft wouldn't have had as much (or perhaps any) motivation to save the team from being moved in the early/mid-90's. the fan base saved the franchise by extension of the purchasing owner (robert kraft) who shared a similar passion and devotion to the fans. kraft is a fan himself after all. kraft always wanted to honor the people who stood by the team by seeking personnel who represented the patriots fan base's greatest qualities; smart, devoted people who are passionate about football, adaptable to changes like the New England weather, and put the team first. what came in turn was bill belichick, and with a little bit of luck as a result of hard work by his staff, eventually they managed to find tom brady who developed into "the goat" some would say. brady/belichick/kraft/and the fans all share the same foundational traits and qualities of excellence that i mentioned; passion, devotion, and intelligence.

Kraft was born and raised in Brookline MA and a season ticket holder since 1975. He is/was a fan. 

I think Brady’s impact is actually underrated. Yes, BB is a great coach, and Kraft is a great owner, but none of that would have meant anything without Brady.

Aside from his actual on field production, Brady has been a pros pro for 20 years. His ability to handle pressure, on and off the field, his commitment to winning, they are unmatched. 20 years and never an outburst, never a scandal, never a bad press conference or a contract dispute, never thrown teammate under the bus or publicly questioned his coach’s decisions.

He didn’t complain when he was asked to accept Caldwell and Gaffney as his starting WRs, or when they traded away Moss or let Walker go. And for the majority of that time he’s been playing comfortably below his market value.

We take that unselfishness and stability for granted.

• Like 1