week 1 overreactions

MemphisEagles

Hell. Game one overreactions. I can't believe I took Gronk over Kareem Hunt. I picked 9th in 3rd round of a snake draft, 10 man league. So basically I got a pick, then next guy had two right in a row before I got my next pick.

Well I was shocked Gronk fell that far and was afraid he was going to be picked up so I got him. Even though normally I avoid tight ends and quarterbacks early.

Well I take Gronk, Hunt is taken in next two picks, I settle for marshawn lynch.

- First career start

- Playing the Pats on the road

- Thursday night game

- Owned him in two leagues

These factors (I admit, they were based more on superstition than anything) had me sit Hunt in one of my leagues as to not tempt fate.  I feel really smart right now.

Well i got 3 leagues im in, and in two i have Kareem Hunt. But in the 3rd one i got cute and thought i could maybe wait til the next round to get him. I was picking in the 4th round as the 1st pick overall, so i had back to back picks. But in this league, the GM has the settings to where QB's score a ton of points. So i ended up taking Travis Kelce, because i couldnt believe he slipped. And i took Drew Brees, because he really won it for me last year. But a few picks later, Hunt and a few other of my targeted RBs went off the board. So when it came back to my pick, the last decent option was Carlos Hyde (which im not thrilled about). 

Needless to say, Kelce scored me like 6 points last night. And the guy that took Hunt after me is my week 1 matchup, so im down already like 40 something to 6 lol. So my over-reaction is that i screwed up big time by going TE early which i never like to do. And lost out on a great RB2. NEVER TAKE TE"S IN THE FIRST 4 ROUNDS!!! 

15 hours ago, TJM217 said:

Worst year to have the 1st overall pick 

I had the #2 and the guy picking first took Bell.  I was actually gonna take Antonio Brown with my first pick but when Johnson dropped, I felt I had to take him.

Archived