Anyone here know where to send off start-up ideas?

cconocool

The idea was to have a Redbox type setup at hotels and airports which vends/rents clothes for special occasions. I don't want to always buy a new suit for a wedding or business meeting and when you buy/rent them at the hotel/airport, odds are it won't get wrinkled if you buy it when you get to your destination. Simply return it or buy it outright when done.

Here's 2 cents worth for free

Probably too many different sizes/styles to be useful in all those locations. Look at any airport, there are a dozen hotels within a few miles.
No way you can have all those sizes, styles in all those different Redbox kiosks

What you might wanna do is expand on the existing Tuxedo rental shops that are already set up. Convince them to expand their inventory and you will help them rent it out and increase their revenue. Your service will be about delivering the freshly pressed suits/dresses to the hotels via an app and handling the money
You can even use Uber / Lyft to do the delivery and returns. Your new company might be called "Suits Me " or " Well-Suited" . You'll likely do better with men than women given the disparity in pickiness about the clothes. The beauty of your service is that men will always have a clean, modern suit without owning one.

The airlines are helping you out too because they are charging more and more for checked bags -  with your service, the customer only needs a carry- on and can rent the suit when they arrive; and drop it off when they depart.  Your role is to be the central brains in pulling together all these existing businesses into a viable and useful service.

Also noted: ideas are plentiful and have little value to an investor. Execution is what pays the bills and they wanna know if you can execute on your ideas
Good Luck

That is a good idea about utilizing Lyft/Uber.

Other people told me too that the redbox was too small for such a distribution model. So I was thinking about utilizing something like a self-service propane tank station, just have the redbox style return section as well.

57 minutes ago, cconocool said:

That is a good idea about utilizing Lyft/Uber.

Other people told me too that the redbox was too small for such a distribution model. So I was thinking about utilizing something like a self-service propane tank station, just have the redbox style return section as well.

You'd have to figure out how to dryclean the suits between uses.
Especially with all of the food, drinking and dancing that goes on at parties/weddings - people are messy.

IMO, you only have to solve the distance/logistics between a tux rental shop and the hotel/airport.  No need to invent, build and maintain those redbox type facilities, just connect the existing businesses and reap the rewards by taking a percentage of the rental. THEY are responsible for inventory, cleaning. All you do is connect the customers and the businesses. That's what Uber, did. The drivers take care of their cars and all Uber provides is the connection platform