Week 6 vs. New York Giants: Oh Danny Boy, the Pipes are Calling

Elky

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

not sure how you can pimp out Nugent as an improvement when the went for 2 4th downs in FG range and he missed his only attempt and BARELY hit one of his XP's

The missed field goal was as much due to the holder as it was the kicker. Nugent still had not missed any extra points unlike Gostsuckski and he dealt with consistent wind over 10 MPH last night with higher gusts. Gostkowski is younger and more experienced with the Patriots, he should have been better but was not. Nugent by comparison has been on the team ONE week, played TWO games already, and made more kicks than Gostkowski despite coming off an injury that ended his season OVER A YEAR AGO.

Nugent missed his very first kick since the injury, and then in the wind last night missed his second kick of the season as much because of a bad hold as anything. People rushed to point out the holder for Gostkowski on missed extra points early on, but I guess it doesn't matter for some reason this time with an older, rusty kicker who is coming into a brand new situation.

Carry on.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The missed field goal was as much due to the holder as it was the kicker. Nugent still had not missed any extra points unlike Gostsuckski and he dealt with consistent wind over 10 MPH last night with higher gusts. Gostkowski is younger and more experienced with the Patriots, he should have been better but was not. Nugent by comparison has been on the team ONE week, played TWO games already, and made more kicks than Gostkowski despite coming off an injury that ended his season OVER A YEAR AGO.

Nugent missed his very first kick since the injury, and then in the wind last night missed his second kick of the season as much because of a bad hold as anything. People rushed to point out the holder for Gostkowski on missed extra points early on, but I guess it doesn't matter for some reason this time with an older, rusty kicker who is coming into a brand new situation.

Carry on.

It clearly didnt matter to you since you are making the same excuse you dismissed for Gost for Nugent. It does tickle me that there was no excuse for Gost missing any kicks, even low percentage ones, but Nugent MY GOD THE WIND, the holder wtf is his problem? Man he just came off an injury a year ago (who cares if Gost was actually kicking injured). Its laughably biased. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

It clearly didnt matter to you since you are making the same excuse you dismissed for Gost for Nugent. It does tickle me that there was no excuse for Gost missing any kicks, even low percentage ones, but Nugent MY GOD THE WIND, the holder wtf is his problem? Man he just came off an injury a year ago (who cares if Gost was actually kicking injured). Its laughably biased. 

The point that you're making for me is that it was bias to excuse Gostkowski but not use the same exact reasons for Nugent. Except Gostkowski traditionally blows kicks in Super Bowls and generally whenever it's a little pressure and he has been on the team since 2005. Nugent signed eight days ago and as of his most recent kicks, was on the team for only a week and had already played two games in a new environment with teammates and coaches he has no familiarity with whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The point that you're making for me is that it was bias to excuse Gostkowski but not use the same exact reasons for Nugent. Except Gostkowski traditionally blows kicks in Super Bowls and generally whenever it's a little pressure and he has been on the team since 2005. Nugent signed eight days ago and as of his most recent kicks, was on the team for only a week and had already played two games in a new environment with teammates and coaches he has no familiarity with whatsoever.

My god this is asinine. Bottom line, production at kicker has not improved since the switch was made. That is all that matters. Come back when it has. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

It really hasnt.

Gost was hitting 88% of FG and 74% of XP

Nugent is hitting 66% of FG and 89% of XP

There's only been three field goal attempts to go off with Nugent, and the one miss was his first kick in over a year less than a week after he signed to the Patriots, a team he has never been apart of nor had much of any practice with prior to.

The other missed kick was last night on the extra point where the same excuses used for Gostsuckski don't hold up apparently. Gostkowski missed four extra points on clean holds while barely making several others in much less severe weather under much less of a spotlight.

Edited by DoleINGout

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

There's only been three field goal attempts to go off with Nugent, and the one miss was his first kick in over a year less than a week after he signed to the Patriots, a team he has never been apart of nor had much of any practice with prior to.

The other missed kick was last night on the extra point where the same excuses used for Gostsuckski don't hold up apparently. Gostkowski missed four extra points on clean holds while barely making several others in much less severe weather under much less of a spotlight.

Thought his first miss in his first game with us was an XP attempt, and the miss last night was a 40 yard FG but hit all his XP's?