Who will be the biggest surprise / biggest disappointment in 2017?

JLambert58

11 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Raise you:

You are not using this youtube highlight as some sort of validation of Bryant being a stud are you? Because I found a Sammie Coates one that if you could watch without seeing who the player actually was -- you would never know the difference...

26 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You are not using this youtube highlight as some sort of validation of Bryant being a stud are you? Because I found a Sammie Coates one that if you could watch without seeing who the player actually was -- you would never know the difference...

I'm using this video to show what his potential is, yes.  We have had way too many sub-par showings this year from Bryant and I thought it would be refreshing to remember that he actually can be a dynamic player.  Coates could be dynamic too.  But there are things about both players that are less than desirable.  

I'm hoping we can see more of *good* Martavis in the second half.  

Gotcha, and I can agree that I hope we see some of those highlights the rest of the year. My problem with Martavis is that he does not take more than he is given (and has a tendency to not even take that). Even those highlights, they are all "be fast and basket catch this". Outside of his speed, none of it is really impressive. Even the open field runs are laughable that people were not able to bring him down, because outside of speed he does nothing impressive. His lack of athleticism with the ball in his hands amazes me. The catch @steelcurtain29 referenced and posted the video of highlights Bryant down right dropping a perfectly thrown football that 90% of NFL receivers probably catch cleanly -- yet somehow he lucks into maintaining the football. 

We just seem to be seeing that this year that his inconsistencies and lack of detail are causing things not to come together perfectly, which seems to be how most of his plays were made. I am hoping that its largely due to the fact of being out of football and out of practice for so long. But remembering when to turn your head on a RPO just flat out not stopping on your sprint are the details that are keeping himself from making the plays. I do hope it all comes together, but I am not holding my breath. And when he does finally have a 70+ yard touchdown, I wont think he is "back" -- rather just doing what he has always done -- make one big play then disappear for a while. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wish Bryant would attack the ball like AB does. He snatches that thing out of the air. AB rarely lets a ball get to him. That is a sign of a great WR and Bryant doesn't do it. The ball has to land in his basket. 

Unfortunately that is a very rare trait. 

There is another guy on this team that has those natural kind of hands your talking about -- JuJu. 

I would pay very good money just to sit and watch JuJu and AB play catch all day. Just clean and natural pass catchers.

5 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

There is another guy on this team that has those natural kind of hands your talking about -- JuJu. 

I would pay very good money just to sit and watch JuJu and AB play catch all day. Just clean and natural pass catchers.

Seeing them on the JUGs machine all day would be amazing.

16 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wish Bryant would attack the ball like AB does. He snatches that thing out of the air. AB rarely lets a ball get to him. That is a sign of a great WR and Bryant doesn't do it. The ball has to land in his basket. 

Unfortunately that is a very rare trait. 

Thats something to remember.   Even alot of great WRs of the past never did that. 

Bryant doesnt need to be perfect.    He doesnt need to be a great all around WR.  He just needs to excel at the things he does best, because we already have one (maybe two) complete receivers on the team.   If he can just start capitalizing on his chances, he will do great things for us and for his career.   

Archived